Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FDA strengthens warnings on NSAIDs 9July15
http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Consumer...453610.htm
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2015, 06:23 PM)justMongo Wrote: http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Consumer...453610.htm

Hello Mongo... I took notice of this also since I recently started taking Duexis mainly for inflammation.

This script was suggested by a doctor in a different state and when I returned home, I made an appointment with my doctor. She said that the people who need to be concerned are those who have high blood pressure. Since mine is low/normal, she said Duexis is fine to take.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't assume aspirin, acetaminophen, etc. don't have the same problem to some degree.

It's a bit the proton pump inhibitors to prevent acid reflux. Messing with your body's chemical mechanisms with drugs has a downside. Just realize that most things have pluses and minuses, and make an informed decision.

Insulin, for instance, has a lot of bad side effects. It's just that for some people, the benefits far outweigh the risks.

There's no such thing as a safe drug. Or a safe and effective natural remedy. Or a safe food, either.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

(07-14-2015, 03:55 PM)archangle Wrote: It's a bit the proton pump inhibitors to prevent acid reflux. Messing with your body's chemical mechanisms with drugs has a downside. Just realize that most things have pluses and minuses, and make an informed decision.

Absolutely, which is why I immediately made an appointment with my physician to discuss the pluses and minuses. In my case, the pluses did outweigh the minuses.

Post Reply Post Reply