Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FDA strengthens warnings on NSAIDs 9July15
FDA strengthens warnings on NSAIDs 9July15
http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Consumer...453610.htm

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: FDA strengthens warnings on NSAIDs 9July15
(07-12-2015, 06:23 PM)justMongo Wrote: http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Consumer...453610.htm

Hello Mongo... I took notice of this also since I recently started taking Duexis mainly for inflammation.

This script was suggested by a doctor in a different state and when I returned home, I made an appointment with my doctor. She said that the people who need to be concerned are those who have high blood pressure. Since mine is low/normal, she said Duexis is fine to take.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't assume aspirin, acetaminophen, etc. don't have the same problem to some degree.

It's a bit the proton pump inhibitors to prevent acid reflux. Messing with your body's chemical mechanisms with drugs has a downside. Just realize that most things have pluses and minuses, and make an informed decision.

Insulin, for instance, has a lot of bad side effects. It's just that for some people, the benefits far outweigh the risks.

There's no such thing as a safe drug. Or a safe and effective natural remedy. Or a safe food, either.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2015, 03:55 PM)archangle Wrote: It's a bit the proton pump inhibitors to prevent acid reflux. Messing with your body's chemical mechanisms with drugs has a downside. Just realize that most things have pluses and minuses, and make an informed decision.

Absolutely, which is why I immediately made an appointment with my physician to discuss the pluses and minuses. In my case, the pluses did outweigh the minuses.

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.