Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FFM Cushion Leak with Data
RE: FFM Cushion Leak with Data
(08-29-2017, 11:27 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Do you use the mask fit feature on your CPAP to adjust your straps?

Yes, but I may move a bit too much.  I noticed this morning around 4 am when the air escaping outside by my cheek that I apparently was in the middle of moving my jaw around.  I haven't downloaded the data yet to look at the (leak) info but I felt that I had a better night last night, which might be because I had tightened the lower straps even more.

The FFM ambu masks at the hospitals have air in them so the cushion feels better, I wish mine were that way but my cat might sneak up and enjoy sinking her claw into it while I sleep.  Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FFM Cushion Leak with Data
As a former EMT I used these frequently for training and fortunately never on a real patient.

The seal on these is formed entirely by hand pressure (no straps) but considerable pressure.  Modern CPAP masks are designed to seal with the CPAP pressure pushing a 'flap' seal against your skin with just enough strap tension to keep the mask in place.  Many users tighten the straps too tight.

An older nasal mask but good at fitting, even at higher pressures, is the Mirage Activa Nasal mask.  It's design has a "bellows" between the mask frame and the seal meaning that properly fitted it can handle a lot of motion (side sleepers) and literally floats on your face.  It works on my Full beard.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 33 10 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 154 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.