Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck?
FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck?
Does it exist? 
My prefect mask is dreamwear nasal, but my cheeks start puffing after Eapap of 7+, tried elastic bandana around my cheeks but it keeps falling when I am asleep.

I tried the FFM dreamwear but always leaks, 
I tried F&K verita but presses on my left nose bridge and closes it ( i have deviated septum) .

latest was Resmed F30 then F30i and bought the pad a cheek, seemed to work but I kept waking up with blood pulsating on the back of my neck as the headgear is too tight there. Loosening makes the mouth part start leaking again. 

Can you help?
RE: FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck?
How tight are you adjusting these masks? If the answer is "till it hurts" then it's the wrong mask model, cushion size, or even incorrect adjustment technique.

What I think you're referring to, the Fisher and Paykel Vitera, it needs to be loose or it will leak.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
RE: FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck?
The most comfortable FFM I have found so far is the Evora Full. Similar to the F30i and DreamWear FFM but I couldn’t get the DreamWear or the F30i to seal reliably or comfortably. The Evora Full seals well and is comfortable.

The Evora Full is not released in the US yet, so I ordered from an Australian site and it took nearly a month to arrive.

I hope the Evora Full gets released soon in the US and is available on sites with mask return insurance.
>>My prefect mask is dreamwear nasal, but my cheeks start puffing after Eapap of 7+, tried elastic bandana around my cheeks but it keeps falling when I am asleep.

Food for thought.  I experienced the "cheeks starting to puff" across several nasal masks.  I was convinced it was the mask design and it was driving me crazy!

When someone suggested using a c-collar to address positional apnea, the problem went away.  Seems in my case the problem occurred when my chin dropped and/or jaw relaxed to much.

Not sure if you have the same cause, but it might be worth looking at
koy23, if you want to keep going down the path of elastic bandana around cheeks, look for "VELCRO Brand All-Purpose Elastic Straps" on Amazon. Get the 27 inch one; it's supposed to fold over so it's only actually 13.5 inches. It's less than $4 so it's a cheap try.
Coffee man, maybe you can give us a review of the Evora full mask.  Let us know what is great about it and what you are having problems with.  
I also ordered one from Australia and should get it in two days. I will post a review after I use it for a while.
(03-21-2022, 09:04 PM)Coffee Man Wrote: The most comfortable FFM I have found so far is the Evora Full. Similar to the F30i and DreamWear FFM but I couldn’t get the DreamWear or the F30i to seal reliably or comfortably. The Evora Full seals well and is comfortable.

The Evora Full is not released in the US yet, so I ordered from an Australian site and it took nearly a month to arrive.

I hope the Evora Full gets released soon in the US and is available on sites with mask return insurance.

I wrote a new post here still looking for FFM, when googled, i found this post and your review, and searched and found it in the US from [DME Name Removed] Supplier #1. i was wondering why i did not try this mask. 
so thanks, just ordered, hoping it will stick to my face, F30, F30i with and without a pad a cheek, and dreamwear full all do not stay sealed, hopefully this is the lucky number 7!

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 0 1 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: NogginOff
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,806 53 minutes ago
Last Post: akarifur
  Fan is running but no pressure from Dreamstaion Fireboss 2 37 1 hour ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 4 86 8 hours ago
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 968 Today, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 285 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,975 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.