Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FFM creating rough spot on my nose
FFM creating rough spot on my nose
my FFM gives me a red spot on the left side of the bridge of my nose.  That spot is becoming more and more irritated and I am trying to find a solution to this.

I have been using a Resmed Full Face Mask F20.  

I am open to any further suggestions, so far i have tried the following

- face mask liner - i use this every night and it does reduce overall pressure on my face, but not enough to fix this spot on the bridge of my nose
- band aid on the spot - this was a fail b/c it causes leaks in the mask
- foam face mask - this leaks too much
- tried loosening and tightening straps - no success there

I intend to experiment with some gel band aids, maybe some different types of gauze to cushion that spot.  

I appreciate any other thoughts.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FFM creating rough spot on my nose
Lanolin may help but you probably need a different mask. I see you have the F&P Simplus listed in your profile. Was it more comfortable? Are you sure you need a full face mask? If yes, the Amara view may be a better choice since it does not cover the bridge of the nose. It didn't work for me and I find the F20 to be very comfortable but that just demonstrates the difficulty in finding a comfortable mask depending on individual differences. Hope you find a solution.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The AirFit F30 is similar to the Amara View in not covering the nose. It may or may not work for you. (It didn't for me)
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you need to use a full face mask?

During my first sleep study, I was simply asked if I breathe through my mouth when I sleep. So immediately, I was prescribed a full face mask.
I tried 4 different kinds of full face masks and could not get either a good seal; even when small leaks were ignored, I could not get restful sleep.
The first version, an amara full face mask did the same thing to me, it created a sore on my nose that began to puss and I had to see a doctor about it.
On the second study, it was suggested by a different conductor of the study to try a nasal mask. She also suggested using a headstrap to help keep my mouth closed.
The Mirage FX nasal mask.
That was a huge difference to me. I feel much better rested. I ordered a cervical collar device because I still have some counts under OA and I am taking a stab that my mouth still opens enough to let some puffs through during the night. Hopefully the OA count will be zero with that added device.
I've read a few articles now commenting about how much healthier it is to breathe through your nose. If the only thing keeping you with the full face is the mouth breathing. You could try what I did.
The nasal mask also let me drop down my pressure settings, which I think also helped reduce leakage.

Good luck and let us know how things are going.
Post Reply Post Reply
Where it reads OA, I meant CA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am getting the red spot too. I've been using the F20 for a few months now.

Perhaps lanolin can help, without causing leaks?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,805 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 145 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Arrow [Symptoms] Having a very rough night Soundman73 14 516 02-06-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Soundman73
  Central Sleep Apnea, CPAP, and rough early mornings middleraven 4 386 02-02-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: middleraven

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.