Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FFM for a Beard
(03-07-2017, 10:08 PM)Beej Wrote: The Simplus pushed into my somewhat prominent cheekbones.

Thank you Beej I am a side sleeper so cheeks are a consideration
Post Reply Post Reply
If the mask had been slightly curved from a side view - sort of ( - it might have been OK. Most of the masks I've seen so far have a somewhat flat aspect (|) on the face side.

Please organize your SleeyHead screenshots like this.
I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The cheekbone problem is one of the major problems. This is especially true if you have a nasal bridge that is indented a lot from your brow and similarly if the recess above your chin is deep. It is one of the reasons that the Simplus works pretty well for me. The Mirage Quattro is adjustable in terms of the depth the top of the seal needs to go to in order to seal at the nasal bridge. The F20 seems to tie it all together pretty well without the need for an adjuster.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chin Strap with beard jsielke 13 597 05-05-2017, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Chin strap for full beard bedek 13 1,567 05-25-2016, 11:59 PM
Last Post: mikeh99
  head gear for mouth and beard parrst 7 874 05-11-2016, 11:39 AM
Last Post: OB-Left
  Full Face Mask with Beard Reuven Gruber 7 2,717 12-03-2014, 12:15 AM