Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FFM for a Beard
RE: FFM for a Beard
(03-07-2017, 10:08 PM)Beej Wrote: The Simplus pushed into my somewhat prominent cheekbones.

Thank you Beej I am a side sleeper so cheeks are a consideration
Post Reply Post Reply
If the mask had been slightly curved from a side view - sort of ( - it might have been OK. Most of the masks I've seen so far have a somewhat flat aspect (|) on the face side.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The cheekbone problem is one of the major problems. This is especially true if you have a nasal bridge that is indented a lot from your brow and similarly if the recess above your chin is deep. It is one of the reasons that the Simplus works pretty well for me. The Mirage Quattro is adjustable in terms of the depth the top of the seal needs to go to in order to seal at the nasal bridge. The F20 seems to tie it all together pretty well without the need for an adjuster.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, my first supplier's policy is to give the mask purchaser 30 days to make a total of 1 swap.  My preferred online store offers returns only if product is in a new, unopened state.   Sad  I live in a somewhat remote location, so my options are limited.  Would really like a FFM that works with my beard as a backup to my nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beard with a full mask AirTouch F20 resmed Slopey 5 1,106 09-09-2023, 08:36 PM
Last Post: NorthCoastLocal
  Best mask for beard! Red Sunset 11 4,217 08-29-2023, 10:59 AM
Last Post: SolidPaint
  [Equipment] Dreamwear FFM Not Working with Beard Dale00 1 527 01-24-2023, 02:56 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Problem with beard LarryRapp 6 1,470 05-16-2019, 07:42 AM
Last Post: LarryRapp
  FFM with beard (Male) LarryRapp 2 1,137 03-10-2018, 04:09 PM
Last Post: LarryRapp
  Beard [and fixing leaks] LarryRapp 20 3,928 02-22-2018, 01:30 PM
Last Post: kiwii
  [Equipment] FFM: Stomach Sleeper with Beard Beatty 20 4,072 02-14-2018, 07:57 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.