Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FFM or Hybrid
FFM or Hybrid
I really like my P10 but I've been mouth breathing and the chin strap helps some but not enough. I been looking a FFM ( F10 I think) or a hybrid . anyone use them what do you think? ups and downs of each
note: I'm a side sleeper and I roll side to side
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FFM or Hybrid
I use the Mirage Liberty for a little more than 3 weeks now. I picked that one because sometimes my nose gets blocked up and I have to breath through my mouth and I really don't like a full face mask. I sometimes have an issue with getting a good seal from the pillows when I roll on my side but repositioning the mask helps. I also had to switch up to the large pillows because the mediums felt like I had to force air out. Overall I like it and I sleep comfortably now that I am used to it.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the Liberty a long time ago and disliked it. My pressure at that point was 12. It blew my mouth open like I was in an air tunnel. I had horribly chapped and split lips, dry mouth, and that was just after a few hours of use. I tried it I think just two nights just a few hours each before I gave up.

Recently I switched to a FFM for the same reason as you. I was afraid I'd go through the same thing, especially since my pressures are now much higher. But I haven't. They blew my mouth open a few times but only after I relaxed, not just as soon as I put it on. I went through several masks before I found one I liked.

The difference was the Liberty has so much air going up the nose and then at the face. There's not much to spread it around. But a FFM seems to have more space to buffer it. Either that or they've put baffles in or something.

There's good advice in both of these threads. But what applies to me probably won't apply to you. As proof, obviously the Liberty works for Alan just fine!

This thread is where I ask about whether I should try a FFM:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-going-FFM

This thread is where I talk about each mask I tried:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-with-FFM
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Paula, thanks. You touched upon the the fact that everyone is different. For example, I think Butch T peppers really do rock. Unsure Your mileage may vary.

What really is a bummer; is to find out costs some people a lot of money.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
You like the Butch T? Hats off to you, bro. You have my respect.

While I dislike my DME a lot, I do like their mask trial offer. As long as I return it with 2-3 weeks, I can trial masks. That helped a lot when I was trying to figure out what FFM to use.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Good deal. I think I have 30 days to change a mask one time. I am debating whether or not to try something like a P10 and a chin strap next time. We're moving out of the allergy season now. I can get pillows and seals for the Liberty, I think, without a prescription so that will be my fall back mask.

I love anything hot/spicy. Problem is - further down... not so much Nervous
I just have to accept the fact that I'm getting too old for stuff that hot. I thought sleep apnea would kill me...

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried different chinstraps? I also really like the P10, except for some nose irritation, so I've be using an F10 the last two nights. It works, but is taking a little bit of adjusting to get used to it. Sleeping on my side with it isn't a problem - I was a little worried about that, but my leak numbers in sleepyhead are still good.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2015, 04:37 PM)chrysogognus Wrote: Have you tried different chinstraps? I also really like the P10, except for some nose irritation, so I've be using an F10 the last two nights. It works, but is taking a little bit of adjusting to get used to it. Sleeping on my side with it isn't a problem - I was a little worried about that, but my leak numbers in sleepyhead are still good.

yup still get air rushing out of my mouth
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the PAPcap to stop lip leaks. It worked okay. And it didn't stop them all the way, but did decrease them.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Paula,

I just reread your "other Comments" in your profile. Gee, I never would have guessed that you suffered from chronic sarcasm. Laugh-a-lot

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,199 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  FFM or Hybrid Mask Help - - New User Jnnfrgrgg 3 559 09-13-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: DaveCar
  A hybrid P30i FFM exist ? koy23 4 872 07-02-2022, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Equipment] ResMed Mirage Liberty hybrid mask leaking prob. boondockbob 2 874 03-31-2022, 07:07 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  new hybrid mask--should I lower pressures? martyedb 17 1,576 01-17-2021, 12:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Hybrid FFM With Nasal Cushions Sleepwreck 8 1,015 12-21-2020, 09:30 AM
Last Post: ragtopcircus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.