Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

109AHI, starting 2nd week on CPAP, have some questions
RE: 109AHI, starting 2nd week on CPAP, have some questions
Last night I bumped the start pressure to 18, these were my results before my dogs decided I was done sleeping for the night.

[Image: 0802016_Toine_WI.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got a call form my sleep doctor. They are upgrading me to BPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
good idea. They can deliver higher pressure (up to 25 I think) and they also have more settings to fine tune your therapy. Insurance usually wants to try APAP first before going to BiLevel (BPAP, VPAP all the same concept)
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, last night before I pick up my BPAP machine today, and of course it ends up being one of my best nights ever. It does show however that the higher pressures should benefit me greatly.

[Image: 08032016_Toine_WI.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I am glad you are getting your bipap so quickly! You are right, it should work out a lot better - even if you can't tolerate the pressure support (I hope you can, it will be more comfy) you need the higher than 20 pressures to get you thru the latter half of the night especially!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Day 1 of BPAP
[Image: Wdmkm2p.jpg]
Day 2

[Image: KfkQcOR.jpg]

Still too early to say a whole lot. I think my minimum pressure for certain. Still not 100% sure on how to keep rolling on my back, but it has slowly gotten better.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2016, 07:37 AM)toinewi Wrote: Still not 100% sure on how to keep rolling on my back, but it has slowly gotten better.

People sew tennis balls into a (added) pocket on the back of the nightshirt, or wear backpacks to bed. A soft backpack full of foam sounds almost comfy - you could lean against it simulating sleeping on the back feeling without actually being in that position Big Grin
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
Currently using pool noodles taped together beside me. My nakedness doesn't make for an easy method to pocket a tennis ball.
Post Reply Post Reply
Going from 109 AHI to 12 to 21 is a huge improvement! You are headed in the right direction - be patient, make adjustments as needed, and find your way to the best settings, mask, etc.

For me, it took about 10 weeks before I noticed a big improvement in how I feel in the daytime. If you are already noticing an improvement, that's great news!

Best of luck to you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 6 497 5 hours ago
Last Post: phillyfan24
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 205 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 226 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 266 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.