Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FInally Diagnosed With Sleep Apnea
Thumbsup 
FInally Diagnosed With Sleep Apnea
I barely slept for my sleep study, however, the apnea was caught. :grin:

The Dr. said that he caught an apnea during my REM sleep - he mentioned the word "moderate" and the number "11" (not sure what all this means) Because I didn't sleep much, he says that he didn't have a lot of info to create an average.

I start self titration on Monday and have been prescribed an autoCPAP.

The doctor said that if the CPAP doesn't help me, I will have to take stimulants daily because I can't stay awake. He said that I was very symptomatic.

I am dizzy a lot (don't feel all that steady on my feet) and I am wondering if this if caused by sleep apnea? Does the dizziness go away with the CPAP?

If anyone has any feedabck - I would love to hear it. Thanks

This has been a very, long journey and I feel like I am starting to find my way back.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FInally Diagnosed With Sleep Apnea
It's possible the dizziness is from lack of sleep. Hard to tell, there are so many reasons and more unrelated to sleep deprivation. Great that you got a machine! Stick with the machine, force yourself to use it if you must. It will take awhile to get used to it and to wearing the mask all night.

Did you get a copy of your sleep report? What pressure was prescribed?

P.S. don't forget to fill out the machine and mask in your profile.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2015, 03:46 PM)AlanE Wrote: It's possible the dizziness is from lack of sleep. Hard to tell, there are so many reasons and more unrelated to sleep deprivation. Great that you got a machine! Stick with the machine, force yourself to use it if you must. It will take awhile to get used to it and to wearing the mask all night.

Did you get a copy of your sleep report? What pressure was prescribed?

P.S. don't forget to fill out the machine and mask in your profile.

My prescription says:

autocpap 5-20cmH20 for 1-2cmH20

I start the titration in a week - perhaps then I will be given a pressure number?

Thanks for the support :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
SO glad you are getting an AutoCPAP!

Dizziness Could be related to being sleep deprived; but it could be caused by other things as well (as you already know).

Please be sure to give us updates as you start your therapy.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi linn,
It sounds like from what you said in your post above, that Your doc has written a range of pressures from 5 to 20 CmH2O on your prescription.
Probably after a week or so, he/she will tell you what pressure will work best for you.
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your question and good luck to you as you start your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone :-) I will be back with updates.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 22 400 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 249 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 61 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 359 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,039 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 618 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 296 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.