Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FOAM [Replacement Cushion for AirFit F20]
Rainbow 
FOAM [Replacement Cushion for AirFit F20]
If this isn't the correct place to post this, I know it will be moved accordingly. (Just didn't feel like it quite fit in product review).

Ever since I started on my sleep apnea treatment journey I had major trouble with masks.  Maybe I was living under a rock, but NOBODY mentioned the alternative for the seals on the masks.  (Truth be told I never used my computer to actually do any sleep apnea research, which is why I didn't know about this board until December).

Long story, ( Rolleyes ) short, I have just acquired a FOAM replacement for the rubber/silicone...not sure exactly what it was...seal to my ResMed AirFit F20.  From the moment I tried it on at the DME office, I knew I had found the answer to my prayers regarding ever finding a mask I could tolerate AND not leak!  The relief of not having the old seal slipping around on my skin is fantastic.

So just in case anyone visiting this board has been having problems such as mine with the mask, I strongly suggest checking out the use of FOAM seals for the
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FOAM [Replacement Cushion for AirFit F20]
The downside of the memory foam masks is the life expectancy can be lower for some users, make sure you have a spare to if it gets torn you can easily swap it out
Post Reply Post Reply
The foam version is the AirTouch F20, and has been my go to mask also.  The best I have been able to get is a bit over 2 months before needing to replace the cushion, but it is very comfortable for me, and I get a near perfect seal for most of its life.
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee Good morning WhyMe and jaswilliams.

Thank you for commenting.  Appreciate knowing about the life expectancy of the foam.  At this point I am so overjoyed at finding, after all these years, a mask fix that actually appears to work for me, that if I have to replace it after a WEEK , I wouldn't care,  Laugh-a-lot

But knowing what you have said, I think I'll go ahead and see how to stock pile some.  I believe the DME RT said something about not being able to wash them and that the only thing to do is wipe them (?)

Regards,Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your insurance should be happy to stump up a replacement cushion 2 per month based on the Medicare schedule that everyone seems to follow so just make sure your order is fulfilled and you keep a spare
Post Reply Post Reply
I was told by my DME that they last a month tops and to use wipes instead of washing. But if it works for you, it works for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the F20 memory foam mask for two or three months. It is comfortable and hardly leaks at all.  When I bought the mask, it came with a total of 3 foam masks (large).

I have been looking for replacements. Many places sell them for $50. Ebay sells them for $30. Walmart sells the medium for $28, which doesn't help me.

What confuses me is when to swap them out. On two of mine, the foam looks intact, but I moved  on to the next one because the air had started to burble out at
higher pressure. I am wondering if I can go back and wipe everything off... That is, how do you know when it's time for a replacement.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sort of wondering the same thing.

I have only had mine for a few weeks and last night for the first time I was getting bubble air.  EDIT: I also have pretty high pressures.

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
It says the AirTouch is rated for high pressure but it doesn’t say exactly what it’s rated for. I know the F30 is rated up to 30cmh2o but I can’t find the specs for that on the AirTouch
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got off the phone with ResMed.  The F20s are rated up to 40. (Foam or Silicone).

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 3,000 3 hours ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  CPAP compressed air path design, foam, filtration & maintenance MaNoise 10 223 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MaNoise
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,034 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,817 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,969 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.