Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FOAM [Replacement Cushion for AirFit F20]
RE: FOAM [Replacement Cushion for AirFit F20]
I used the F20 with the memory foam for a little bit but it only would last me for about 1.5-2 weeks. But I had to wear the mask really tight to prevent leaks so probably under normal use it would last longer. But I really liked it and would have continued to use it but it left red marks around my nose and I felt self conscious about it so I went back to the F30. Glad you found the right mask for you!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice to meet you 17WRX.

Hmmm..interesting.  1.5-2 weeks sure isn't long.  But I have tried sooo many different masks that did not work at all for me.

I just noticed yesterday red marks near the top of my nose.  I too think it is from the straps being tight to compensate with the air bubbles I am now getting.

I'll just make sure my make-up lasts all day  Bigwink

Plmnb

PS.  I spoke to my DME yesterday, found out the FOAM is actually from another one of their masks.  She said I should have no issue continuing to use the one she gave me.  I am supposed to be receiving replacement equipment from the DME based on intervals set by my insurance co.  It is almost time so I called to make sure the FOAM is what they send.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have only been using the foam mask for a short period but found it quite comfortable only if I do the following: I leave the mask quite loose to allow the foam to fill in all the cracks. If tightened too much it will leak because the foam is crushed. Memory foam needs to warm up to your body temp to be soft enough to seal well. When first put on it is stiff and will leak till it warms up. After the foam warms (5-10min) I disconnect the magnet straps, and pull the mask away and re-seat the mask to my face. The now soft memory foam fill in all cracks easily even though the straps are left loose. IMO/ this re-seating is essential to get a perfect leak free seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
They now make a “For her” version of this mask. I just ordered it, I’m hoping it’s a little easier on the nose. I’ll let you know if it helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just purchased a large for $25 on Amazon
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks For the tips on the mask Iarco.  I'll try them tonight.

Sabina,  Funny you should mention this today as today I spoke to the DME and asked about the For Her mask.  She told me it runs smaller than the small of the regular.  I asked because when I was there this week we tried me on the pediatric size of the mask.  It was a a bit too small for me, and I have a small nose, mouth area.  We decided I really shouldn't go any smaller than the one I have...with the FOAM it is actually just right.

Good luck!

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,661 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 222 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,666 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,854 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,416 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,507 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,894 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.