Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FOR GABBY, DID YOU POST A PHOTO?
FOR GABBY, DID YOU POST A PHOTO?
Hi Gabby, did you post a photo of your retro fit of the P10? If not, could you show us?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FOR GABBY, DID YOU POST A PHOTO?
I too would like to see what Gabby rigged up. I modified my head straps in a simpler fashion.

Recipe:
1 Pair of scissors
2 safety pins

Directions: snip snip, clip clip, done.

Post Reply Post Reply
Tell us more, tell us more...................
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2014, 09:38 PM)herbm Wrote: Tell us more, tell us more...................

Well, I just cut the straps then layed them on top of each other and secured them with a safety pin. Did it as a test to see if it would work thinking Mrs. Retired_Guy would then sew it permanently. It worked, and we never got to the sewing part.
Post Reply Post Reply
Duh!

This is a great mask, and the idea that it being a little too small or a little too large is actually SILLY!

Just fix it.

Just like everything else in CPAN land: Make it work.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2014, 10:15 PM)herbm Wrote: Duh!

This is a great mask, and the idea that it being a little too small or a little too large is actually SILLY!

Just fix it.

I agree. Now let's just convince Paula..................
Post Reply Post Reply
I still think it is incredibly short sighted for Resmed not to just put a piece of velcro on the strap.

I doubt if someone like me who CAN use the stock mask almost perfectly would even care and this is the single biggest complaint for those who CAN use a "pillow mask".

Weird thing is that after a 100+ days my P10 is a little stretched out and not as tight as I would likely adjust it were there an adjustment, but it really is no problem -- it works fine.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2014, 10:27 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(05-22-2014, 10:15 PM)herbm Wrote: Duh!

Just fix it.

I agree. Now let's just convince Paula..................

Not happ'nin'. The headgear of this mask made me very angry. They ought to know better. One size fits all headgear? Really? I'm not paying $100 for a mask I then have to modify the headgear. They fix the headgear to be adjustable? I'll probably give it another go. Until then, nope.

I love my Nuance anyway. Freakin' fantastic mask. The only advantage the P10 has over it is the diffused vent.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Marnid, Sorry only just seen your question. No I didn't post a photo, I wouldn't know how to!
Anyway I just gathered the straps up where the double straps started on both sides and sewed them up to make back shorter.
That is my only complaint with this mask.
For the last three weeks now I have been putting my mask on at night and finding my "sweet" spot in an instant, I truly cannot believe it. It stays there until I wake and am ready to remove it, mostly, once or twice I have woken to leaks.
This is in a whole three weeks! No hissing, no air escaping, no noises.
Now I am sorry I am unable to give you any scientific data because I no longer have my Elite, I now have an Escape Sad so I am unable to read my results any more, which I hate but luckily for me my P10 is my angel and looking after me, I love her.
I do not know what I would do if I was still coping with leaks every night and unable to find out the ratio of them, I would be so distraught.
I am so relaxed with my adjusted Airfit P10 and my large pillow.
It makes up for my antiquated CPAP machine the Escape.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gabby. I think what I am going to do it take the straps off my discarded nano and attach them onto the P10 somehow, that will make it adjustable at all times, I figure, I got nothing to lose, it's not working for me anyway. I love it, but it's just to darn big.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 7 114 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,807 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,818 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 168 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 269 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  [CPAP] New User Struggling - PSG and CPAP Data Post PSG1 4 2,112 01-08-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.