Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FOR HER mode ResMed AirSense - pressure above 12cm what happens?
FOR HER mode ResMed AirSense - pressure above 12cm what happens?
FOR HER mode ResMed AirSense - What happens when more then 12cm of pressure is needed during the night?

will the pressure increase past 12cm for an event , if yes will it fall back down?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FOR HER mode ResMed AirSense - pressure above 12cm what happens?
According to ResMed documentation, the "For Her" Treats apneas up to 12 cm H2O and continues to respond to flow limitation and snore up to 20 cm H2O.

For two weeks I have been using a ResMed Elite 9 cpap machine. I am fine tuning the pressure and the EPR. The pressure is above 12 on it. So I am wondering what would happen with a FOR HER auto.

Would the machine just not respond to apnea events and the pressure would stay at 12?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an AS11.
It has settings for CPAP, AUTOSET, and AUTOSET FOR HER.

In AUTOSET FOR HER you can set max pressure to 20.
I can't say for sure but I would think that wouldn't be available if it didn't go that high in that mode?

But I don't know the max pressure setting in the FOR HER specific machines.

In AUTOSET, there is an option for Standard or Soft pressure response. That isn't an option in AUTOSET FOR HER mode. I *think* that's because for her mode is Soft.

I've tried both autoset modes and don't feel or see a difference in my data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

My girlfriend tried the For Her algorithm and we had to change to the regular one.

Indeed, the For Her algorithm will not increase above 12 cm unless some extra conditions are present. If they are, pressure will increase above that. For my girlfriend, it did during her first few days and she went up in the 14.x that she needed. Still, these extra conditions are not always there and she ended up capped at 12 a few times. Some times it was not too bad on her AHI but in some cases, her AHI skyrocketed.

As such, to ensure that she will always receive the pressure she needs, we switched her device to the regular algorithm in soft response mode. She has been fine with that ever since.
Post Reply Post Reply
Brazen,

Thanks, I went through your charts, but did not see what I needed to know for my pressure needs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Heracles,

Thanks, that is the exact information I needed to know and was worried about.

May I ask where you got the AS11 autoset in Canada. Was it a DME or online from one of the suppliers?
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought it online from a US supplier and had it shipped to me. That supplier is not listed in the forum's list and I am not sure how to point you more precisely according to the forum's rules... Sorry about that...
Post Reply Post Reply
Heracles,

Thanks, that is the info I wanted. AS11 auto is hard to find here. Just looking at my options.
Post Reply Post Reply
After checking with the admins, I can tell you that I got it from thecpapshop and that according to their website, they should still have some in stocks.

Good luck,
Post Reply Post Reply
Heracles,

Thanks.

Don't be sorry. There are rules. Better to be safe. I have also checked with board moderators before posting something.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,749 2 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 415 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 616 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,611 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,795 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.