Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FOT (Forced Oscillation Technique) waking me up repeatedly
RE: FOT (Forced Oscillation Technique) waking me up repeatedly
(01-18-2019, 10:21 AM)isuckatsleeping Wrote: Wanted to provide a video of FOT. This "feature" seems so excessive and disruptive to me, you can see it vibrating my whole tube in this clip. Make sure you have audio on as well and you'll be able to clearly hear it. 

____

I find that this repeatedly disturbs me falling back to sleep (usually in the early morning). While I transition into sleep, I usually hold my breath for ~5-10 seconds, FOT will activate and startle me out of this transition back into sleep. It's so frustrating.

Sorry to revive an old thread. Did you ever find a solution to this? The heartbeat-like pulsing wakes me up multiple times a night when it gets strong like in your video. I've had to stop using my AirSense 10 because of it

Even when I wake up from it and am breathing, the heavy pulse is still coming through and moving the tube. It won't stop itself
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FOT (Forced Oscillation Technique) waking me up repeatedly
@obri95,

Quite alright in my book to revive old threads because it brings the history of answers with it rather than starting fresh. Personally the pulse wakes me up and drives me crazy too, I've found sometimes it will stop by concentrating on regular breathing other times I have to tap the power button and start it again to get a fresh start. Its like the machine goes into runaway FOT and just wont stop. I've been practicing regular breathing anytime I shift in bed rather than the normal (for me) holding breath while rolling over or adjusting bedding, pillows, sleep position etc, and it has been helping me do so even in that drifting off state. Reduces FOT occurrences considerably. Sorry I cant be more helpful on this one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 4 75 1 hour ago
Last Post: Valtor
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 285 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 157 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 395 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 259 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 191 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 306 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.