Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] cleaning the filter on a nasal mask
cleaning the filter on a nasal mask
Hi,

I just started using a CPAP machine recently.  It's going well- so far on the MyAir app, I've been scoring in the 97 - 100 range each night.  I have a Resmed Airsense 11 and N30i nasal mask.  I've been cleaning the water tank and the little part that covers my nose every day, but don''t know what to do about that little filter in the nosepiece.  I asked the place I bought it from and they said "you can clean or or you can not clean it" which was of no help at all.  If I clean it, I don't think the little filter inside gets dry by the time I go to sleep.  But it seems like not cleaning it would result in it getting awfully dirty really quickly.

Does anyone have advice about cleaning the nose piece?  The last couple of days I've been popping the filter out, but that doesn't seem like a good solution.  On the other hand, when I tried to clean it with the filter in, the filter part didn't dry.

What to do?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: cleaning the filter on a nasal mask
I have heard of some people who use a water pick type device to clean their filter. I use an N30i and don’t go anything other than the daily wipe off with a CPAP wipe and weekly cleaning with dish soap or Purdoux and water. I have a Hurricane dryer which thoroughly dries everything. I swap the cushion every 6 - 8 weeks or when I experience leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply!  So just to be clear, when you clean it weekly, you leave the filter in and the Hurricane Dryer dries it?  I've considered buying one, but I'd have to buy two as I move back and forth between two different places every three months and carrying the CPAP itself seems like it'll be enough of a pain.  (I do know I can bring it as a carry on since it's a medical device, but I generally already have two carry-ons, it just kind of an added thing to deal with.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash the whole thing (cushion with the filter in place) in warm soapy water, rinse and put into the Hurricane. Honestly, the Hurricane was a great investment although others will disagree. If traveling between two places, I’d get one for both places. I have two ResMed AS10 for Her and use one for travel and one for home use.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 1,025 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Cleaning F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow 70sSanO 13 5,861 04-12-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Magoo905
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 197 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 1,033 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 201 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 185 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,289 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.