Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No SD card in my dad’s machine
No SD card in my dad’s machine
Hi All!
I’m asking for my elderly dad. I’ve been on here a few years now, after an excruciating year and a half I’ve finally gotten the right therapy (ASV). But gathering my data and loading to Sleepyhead/Oscar had been invaluable in helping me push the (4 different) docs to get me the right therapy. This group was invaluable in helping me through that process. My dad is having mixed/poor results and I finally asked him to download Oscar and pull the data from his machine. I’m remote to him regrettably, we live on opposite ends of the country. And he’s technically struggling(89 years old). But with encouragement, he’s agreed to attempt all this. But when he went to retrieve the card, there was none there. I’m concerned he can’t get any help at all if the data isn’t being saved. What are your thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No SD card in my dad’s machine
What machine does he have? Not all machines have a SD card. Some record only compliance data.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If he is using a machine that produces data, he can use any SD card from 4 to 32 GB. I suggest you order one on Amazon and have it shipped to his address. No need for anything fancy. I see a PNY 16 GB card for $5.99 that will work just fine. Let us know what CPAP he has. Does your dad have a computer and SD card reader? If not consider buying 3 or more cards and having him save a few days and mail you a card, put another in the machine...rinse and repeat.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It must be an older machine that does not record any useful data.

Find out what machine he has.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleepster. He has a new Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset. It has the SD slot. Just no card. His doc has panicked apparently, seeing that the therapy is causing his AHI to increase, and has instructed him to stop therapy immediately, while requesting a polysomnogram.

I went through a hell of a time getting my treatment. Five studies, four machines, four different docs, over 18 months, to end up with ASV. But I am convinced I wouldn’t be here without the data from that card and help from this group. So naturally I’m really concerned for my dad, 89 years old.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2020, 12:55 PM)FE350 Wrote: Thanks Sleepster. He has a new Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset. It has the SD slot. Just no card.

Then take the advice Sleeprider gave you in Post #3.

Quote:His doc has panicked apparently, seeing that the therapy is causing his AHI to increase, and has instructed him to stop therapy immediately, while requesting a polysomnogram.

You'd need to determine if the increased AHI is due to a lot of centrals. Sometime CPAP therapy can cause the central apnea index to go up, something that usually subsides as we adapt to the therapy.

If you can get the serial number from your father you can sign him up for a myAir account and at least see some of the data while you're waiting to get the SD card.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,197 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  SD card and 2nd machine ? Bluesv6 2 386 04-10-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Bluesv6
  Resmed Airsense 11 autoset machine SD card and WIFI Tekno1 15 3,220 01-03-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Tekno1
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 923 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Does SD Card Store Machine Settings? upsman 14 1,422 10-03-2022, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,797 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.