Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FROM AS 10 AUTO TO AIRCURVE VAUTO
FROM AS 10 AUTO TO AIRCURVE VAUTO
Per usual, my thanks to all who have tried to help me on this long journey. Two days ago I received my new Aircurve VAUTO, I set it up using the same settings that I used on my Airsense Auto per the recommendations from this forum. Now it is time to fine tune my settings to get rid of the flow limitations and RERAs. I have no idea why I cannot get RERA events to show on OSCAR, unless it is because the VAUTO does not record them. Anyway, below are 4 screen shots. The first two should be with the Airsense Auto and the other one is from the VAUTO. Please give me some guidance on what to do now. @ days on the VAUTO are not enough for me to notice much, but I did notice how much easier it is to breath with as I go to sleep, and that I am getting mask leaks that are more than usual with it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FROM AS 10 AUTO TO AIRCURVE VAUTO
I forgot that I could only post 3 images. Here is the second image from the VAUTO.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm requesting this thread be moved to the main forum where it will get more attention.  This forum is for help with your forum account

That said

Welcome to the forum.

a couple things set the range on your Flow Rate to +/- 75

Increase your PS to 4. This helps with flow limits, your biggest problem.  Then repost and re-evaluate
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Fred. I will change it for tonight. How about the inhalation max time? It looks like I am hitting the 2.0 ceiling regularly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fred, changes made. I am feeling decent, but noticed the increase in snores. Still having more leaks than usual, but nothing bad. Please advise.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your Flow Limits are looking better, especially before 3:19, after that it looks disturbed. your 95% FL is higher than we would like.
Try PS = 5.

The Flow Rate chart is the main chart for evaluating details. So if you could expand that height by a third to a half it would show more detail. For next time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again. Will move PS to 5. Just changed the Flow Limitations chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fred, I made the changes you recommended. Last night I had the highest AHI in a while, but don't feel bad. Please look at the attached scrren shots. What do the two closeups mean with respect to flow rate? The flow graphs are different and stay that way for a long time.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think your ideal pressure support setting is between 4.0 and 5.0. Try reducing to 4.6 and see if we can reduce the CA events and keep some of the gains in flow limit.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do. Please give me some feedback on my previous post above.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 852 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 555 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 205 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 462 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,233 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.