Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FRUSTRATED: Still tired after 131 days of CPAP
RE: FRUSTRATED: Still tired after 131 days of CPAP
(10-21-2013, 12:02 PM)djjwilly Wrote: A Miracle! This post really proves the good work this forum is doing. I tried to download Sleepyhead once before, but got overwhelmed and deleted it. I just downloaded it again. I managed to find a video on youtube that explained how to insert the SD card in my computer. Yay! I actually got the info imported to Sleepyhead and I'm so proud of myself. I wouldn't have done it without your help. I don't understand alot of it but here's what I've found so far:

Night of Oct. 20:
AHI 22.22
hours 5:45
pressure 7
average leak .04
95% leaks .00
clear airway apneas 2 .35
hypopnea 14 events 2.43
obstructive apneas 112 events 19.4
apnea 0

I'm thinking this is not good. I still can't understand how this all works, and I consider myself intelligent. I'm so fried today I could barely get out of bed and was grateful my husband wasn't home. I crawled out at 10 am, terrible for me. I just couldn't handle even living this a.m. Someone please enlighten me. Is my sleep apnea out of control? I think this is a peak night. I think it has peaks and valleys from what I can figure. My daily numbers aren't this bad overall, I don't think. Many thanks to anyone who can help me understand. Love, DJ

your AHI should be 5 or less see if you can post what you see in sleepy head I would be all over my doctor with a printed report showing what you said today I would print them out individually and then do it by week or a 30 day. If this is not due to leak then your pressure is most likely to low. If you need help with posting the details let us know.
Post Reply Post Reply
The biggest issue, is a sleep study is *one* night, and then you're not at home, in your bed, with your pillow, etc...

This is why the companies started making data-capable machines, so that someone can see the data from real use, and make adjustments from there. If possible, make an appt with your sleep doc, and bring in some data (multiple days worth), so they can see that you both trying to be compliant, and that it's not doing the job as set up.

Yes, you *could* slowly start playing with your settings yourself, but if you can use the sleep doc, I would go that way first.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish I had been much more distrustful from the beginning of this whole mess. Whenever I have my SD card read they had me a report at the DME would says I'm doing great. I'm going to print up a couple of weeks worth from Sleepyhead and bring it to the doctor next week. Let's see what she says when my info is way different from the DME. I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but I'm suffering needlessly here. I think most Medicare patients are treated like this. I'm on Medicare, yes, but I'm a college grad and not your average run of the mill old lady in a nursing home. Maybe I can speak up for alot who have no voice. I'm going off to print some stuff right now. I see the doc next week. Thank you so much for helping me. Love, DJ
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2013, 01:16 PM)djjwilly Wrote: I wish I had been much more distrustful from the beginning of this whole mess. Whenever I have my SD card read they had me a report at the DME would says I'm doing great. I'm going to print up a couple of weeks worth from Sleepyhead and bring it to the doctor next week. Let's see what she says when my info is way different from the DME. I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but I'm suffering needlessly here. I think most Medicare patients are treated like this. I'm on Medicare, yes, but I'm a college grad and not your average run of the mill old lady in a nursing home. Maybe I can speak up for alot who have no voice. I'm going off to print some stuff right now. I see the doc next week. Thank you so much for helping me. Love, DJ

The good thing is that you aren't stuck with the Escape or some other machine that isn't data capable!! Good for you for being your best advocate.

I, too, am on a medicare advantage plan and also a college grad and have a little bit of horse sense! I don't know who your DME is, but, I have issues with my DME, and, of course, we are limited to who we can use so changing to another DME isn't always an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same problem. I wake up multiple times for no apparent reason. Sometimes when this happens, I take a sleeping pill (such as Ambien), but due to the side effects, I can do that for no more than two nights in a row. However, for whatever it may be worth, waking up and being unable to go back to sleep is a lot worse than waking up multiple times and returning to sleep each time. I used to have the former problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2013, 04:49 PM)terp1984 Wrote: I have the same problem. I wake up multiple times for no apparent reason. Sometimes when this happens, I take a sleeping pill (such as Ambien), but due to the side effects, I can do that for no more than two nights in a row. However, for whatever it may be worth, waking up and being unable to go back to sleep is a lot worse than waking up multiple times and returning to sleep each time. I used to have the former problem.

somnapure is supposed to work really well and is as natural as one can get and I have heard works well. Glad you got it worked out that you don't wake up and can't go back to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2013, 04:49 PM)terp1984 Wrote: I have the same problem. I wake up multiple times for no apparent reason. Sometimes when this happens, I take a sleeping pill (such as Ambien), but due to the side effects, I can do that for no more than two nights in a row. However, for whatever it may be worth, waking up and being unable to go back to sleep is a lot worse than waking up multiple times and returning to sleep each time. I used to have the former problem.
You are absolutely correct here. Although that I am on Sleep Medication for over 4.5 months but I was waking up a lot but luckily going back to sleep but last few days I am waking up & then just cannot go back to sleep & it is terrible. I am seriously contemplating in taking a break from my CPAP for 1 night just to see If I feel better or worse.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, pain wakes me at odd times, and even though I am tired, if I lie down the pain ramps up making me have to get up - some nights I end up just giving up and don't sleep at all.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2013, 07:49 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Yup, pain wakes me at odd times, and even though I am tired, if I lie down the pain ramps up making me have to get up - some nights I end up just giving up and don't sleep at all.

pain from your surgeries? that is sad that you have pain to keep you from sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
No actually. Not my nose or throat surgery. I've had one knee, and one hip replaced, and one shoulder rebuilt (so far). My other knee and hip need to be replaced. I have severe OA in most of my joints. I drop forks and pens, and my hands don't always work. Good days and bad days - my OSA is only one of many issues I have.

At age 49 my blood suddenly decides to start creating clots, so after multiple PEs multiple times, I am now also on blood thinners for life. And on, and on...

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 0 20 1 hour ago
Last Post: liebano
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 61 5 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 196 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 174 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,975 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 823 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 178 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.