Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FRUSTRATION
RE: FRUSTRATION
I just read this post and if I didn't know better, I would have said that I wrote it. Don't mean to hijack the post but Friday night I did the same thing....took the mask off, threw it on the floor and went to sleep w/o it. Didn't use it at all last night either. Mouth breather, have tried nasal pillows, Amara view and tap-pap. Use resmed auto-sense set at 5-10. Just extremely annoyed and frustrated with all of this. Stomach sleeper mostly but am trying to learn to stay on my side w/o much success.
I'll be watching this post closely to see the comments and suggestions for the OP and hopefully can adapt them to my situation. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi colthoff,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I know CPAP therapy can take some getting used to but, I encourage you to just keep trying.
Good luck to you on your CPAP journey, don't give up.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
For a side sleeper try sleeping on the edge of the pillow, with the mask sticking over the edge of the pillow.

To see if something else is causing issues please download SleepyHead software (free) and post your charts,
look the how to organize to include the important charts.

(see my Sig)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the helpful hints. I updated my profile to show the correct CPAP machine I have plus the mask I wear. My machine was set up to start at 4 and ramp up to my required 15 for airflow pressure. After reading some posts, I changed the upper limit to 10. I had a much better night last night after doing that --- the air did not force out of my mouth ALL the time as it did the first night. It felt like it did only a couple of times --- that it woke me up. My AHI was 2 for last night and i had the mask on for 7 hours and 15 minutes, with no leaks. So I felt good about that ---- however, I did feel that I woke up much more than before my therapy started. My wife said I did not snore!!! I feel much more positive than I did ------ it's just hard to teach an old dog new tricks!! Thanks to all for getting my head screwed on straight. Now to improve even more! I enjoy this forum
Post Reply Post Reply
To use the software SleepHead, do I have to put a SD card in the CPAP machine? Also, do I need to do anything on the machine or will the data automatically go on the SD card?

There was no instructional materials that came with my machine about this.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2017, 08:07 PM)colthoff Wrote: To use the software SleepHead, do I have to put a SD card in the CPAP machine? Also, do I need to do anything on the machine or will the data automatically go on the SD card?

My experience is that usually machines that are data capable come with SD cards. I didn't see your exact model, but did notice you had a resmed. When facing the machine, the SD card is behind a rubberized flap on the left side (non humidifier side). You simply just need the card inserted and unlocked and the machine will write to it.

Good luck, and stick with it. I'm brand new to PAPing, and it's a bit of a curve, but I'm seeing the benefits and they are amazing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2017, 08:07 PM)colthoff Wrote: To use the software SleepHead, do I have to put a SD card in the CPAP machine? Also, do I need to do anything on the machine or will the data automatically go on the SD card?

Keep the SD card in the machine all the times, only remove when downloading the data and don't forget to insert it back when finished. A good practice to lock the card when inserting into the card reader or computer card slot and unlock prior inserting back into the machine
As your machine is the "CPAP" model, not 100% sure what sort of data available on the SD card, I guess, compliance and some therapy data such as AHI and leak but no detailed data, you'll need the Elite or AutoSets model for this data
RobySue's Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...SleepyHead

If running windows, might also try ResScan http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2017, 09:27 PM)C0mbe Wrote: My experience is that usually machines that are data capable come with SD cards.
Correct, also not data capable machines comes with SD card too
Data capable meaning becoming somehow distorted with AirSense 10 series
Post Reply Post Reply
To sleep on your stomach, you might need to rig something similar to what a massage table does. Maybe a flatish extra cushion under your stomach to lift you a bit to allow for the hose depth, then maybe take a very flexible pillow to place under your head.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
With regard to pillows and side sleeping with a CPAP mask....

I use a pillow contoured to allow the head to lie in a position that keeps the neck in line with the spine when on my side.
It is quite firm, and is flat from left to right (the contour is front to back so the head lies in the depression with the neck supported just above the shoulder).

I use an F&P Eson nose mask, the pillow does not dislodge it in any way.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 125 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  mask frustration bigmichiganjim 6 1,542 02-16-2017, 07:25 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
Smile [CPAP] Diagnosis + prescription = Frustration... ApneaBoard + experimenting = Salvation! OldVet 8 2,450 11-28-2016, 08:24 PM
Last Post: OldVet
  Maskes - never ending frustration FrankNichols 5 1,588 10-15-2016, 11:54 AM
Last Post: kowlooner
  Frustration and On or Off? Heated tube humidification? Daisylouu 9 2,794 12-31-2015, 07:19 PM
Last Post: ginzo
  Frustration with leaks ? Eurika 2 1,972 03-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Last Post: snowdrop
  Insurance Frustration penbate 3 2,402 12-15-2013, 03:17 PM
Last Post: penbate

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.