Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central Apneas & ASV Users
RE: Central Apneas & ASV Users
I am going through the exact same thing. I am having a 3rd sleep study next Sunday with ASV because I have failed CPAP and BI PAP. I have been diagnosed with complex sleep apnea. Communicate with your doctor and they will help you. I love mine. She is great.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Central Apneas & ASV Users
When I was initially diagnosed in January of 2013, it looks like from the overnight sleep study report, that I had an equal amount of central (10) and obstructive apneas (10), and a higher number of hypopneas (30). They gave me a diagnosis of Obstructive Sleep Apnea, and gave me an auto cpap to start out with at that time.

Over the span of time of using cpap, I was still experiencing much day time sleepiness. So, Last year, they thought it would be good for me to have another overnight sleep study followed by a Daytime Sleepiness study. I wasn't scheduled until January 2016 for these studies. As it turns out, I did not get enough deep sleep during the night study, so they canceled my Daytime Study. And then when the sleep doctor contacted me, they said I had mixed sleep apnea, and set me up for an overnight titration with an ASV - and I received my ASV in March 2016.

I still have some daytime sleepiness, but less than before receiving my ASV. So, I am going to have another sleep study followed by a daytime study in a couple of weeks - We shall see if I have enough night time deep sleep, so that they can proceed with the daytime nap study.

All that to say, initially it appears that they ignored my centrals, and now they have taken it more seriously- 3 years after my initial sleep study evaluation.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 591 2 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,520 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,401 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 860 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,244 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.