Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FX Mask Solution
Idea 
FX Mask Solution
I have a full beard and a high in pressure at 19 lbs. The problem with the FX mask is when you crank it down tight it walks up you face until the bottom is in your mouth and the mask alarm wakes you repeatedly.

I took a draw string from an old pair of sweat pants and strung it under my chin then looped over the lower mask support straps back to under my chin finishing off by tying a bow. It absolutely stopped the mask from walking up my face.

If you've had a similar problem give this solution a try and let me know how it works out for you.

Cheers, Tom
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FX Mask Solution
Hi zeeser,
It's good to hear you've found a solution to make your mask work betterfor you, way to go.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FX Mask Solution
I normally don't suggest this style of mask.... but for someone with a full beard look at the line of cloth masks by Circadiance. Their sleep weaver is one I've tried.

The guy who invented them has a FULL beard.

We got a bunch of samples from them and gave them out to members of our truck driver support group. They reported back that guys with full beards often liked it better than other styles of masks they tried.

The problem is it's a pretty finicky mask to get adjusted to your face. You really need to read the instructions and watch the video from Circadiance about the mask. You need to have it inflated, put it against your face, pull out and down and let it settle back.

I've used it at 16 pressure. Not sure how it would work at 19. But circadiance is pretty good about answering questions. hit their website.

It's an option you might want to look at.
(Just a truck driver with sleep apnea )
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 92 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Study and no solution? CChelios445 3 251 03-03-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise JimIve 33 27,111 10-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: tj1616
  Battery solution needed sumitsimlai 8 925 07-24-2023, 02:01 AM
Last Post: sumitsimlai
  Was there a solution for “Check Power?” Jeffo1 12 11,451 04-05-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Thomas S
  Jolting awake with sharp inhale, a solution McPhearson99 0 568 04-03-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: McPhearson99
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,532 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.