Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Face drying out
Face drying out
Hi everyone-

My face is starting to get really dried out due to my CPAP therapy. Any recommendations on some moisturizing cream? I'm currently using some Cetaphil face cream.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Face drying out
Sorbolene cream works well on my hands and face.

Recently I have gone back to using a disposable razor for shaving, for decades I have been using electric razors.

Initially using soap or shaving cream was drying my skin, so given that the sorbolene had been working as a moisturiser for me for many years I decided to try it as a shave cream.

Now I shave after my shower instead of prior, and I rub any left over sorbolene cream in to my skin on my face rather than washing it off.
I also no longer use any kind of aftershave, the alcohol content (or whatever other base liquid they have) tends to dry my skin as well.

My CPAP nose mask has not caused my skin to dry out as yet though, but I only started on it back in April/May.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 522 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 595 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 264 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated
  Full face mask tightness pushing jaw back and leaks wickedsleepy 11 747 02-07-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.