Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Sleep Study
Sleep Study
Hello, I am a newbie and I would like some advice. I had a thorough sleep study about 10 years ago. I was diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea. How often should I get a sleep study and which type?

I'm asking because I have daytime fatigue as well as a bit of sleep deprivation. I am not dreaming, at least not remembering any. My pressure is 10 or 11 and this is my 3rd machine. Any advice would be welcomed.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Study
tell your doctor about your problems
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello plecomanrl and welocme
Before a new machine, you'll need a new sleep study, so you get the right type machine
A new machine right now, might be a waste of money if the new sleep study shows you need a different type machine as the diagnoses has changed since your last sleep study 10 years ago
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi plecomanrl,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I’m curious, you say you have a Resmed M Series, don’t you mean Respironics M Series?
Hang in there for more answers to your questions about sleep studies. and much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome plecomanri! You'll find lots of helpful knowledgeable people here that will help you.

Do you use your current machine regularly and yet your sleep apnea is worsening? That is what it sounds like. I think if it were me, I'd go back to my doctor and discuss this. Probably another sleep study would be a good idea.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi plecomanri,
10 years is a long time, and being that you are experiencing fatigue means your not sleeping well.

A sleep study seems to be in order. If you have insurance coverage, they may require a new study
before paying for a new machine.

Let us know what you decide.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A new sleep study would be the definitive answer to your question, BUT if you want a simple answer, get a recording oxymeter. I have one and i experiment with it from time to time just to prove to myself that cpap is really working for me. And it is.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2015, 04:48 PM)plecomanrl Wrote: Hello, I am a newbie and I would like some advice. I had a thorough sleep study about 10 years ago. I was diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea. How often should I get a sleep study and which type?

I'm asking because I have daytime fatigue as well as a bit of sleep deprivation. I am not dreaming, at least not remembering any. My pressure is 10 or 11 and this is my 3rd machine. Any advice would be welcomed.

Thank you!

A doctor would probably prescribe a new sleep study. That's the best option ignoring the costs involved.

A less expensive option would be to get a newer machine, one that will record data and allow you see on your computer what's happening as you sleep. You could try to buy one used on craigslist or go to a doctor and have one prescribed for you.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 79 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 68 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.