Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Facial hair and CPAP!
RE: Facial hair and CPAP!
I second the use of the p10, the eson 2 nasal works well, as does the dreamwear.

The only issue will be mouth breathing or not. Although a chin strap, ace bandage, cervical collar etc can fix that.

Plus training during the day will work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback. I am picking up my Amara View today. Ready for something new, and not quite to cut my goatee off completely (I will trim it thou).

P.S. I have an Auto CPAP but it is fixed at 11 pressure and I cannot even change it, I will have a talk today with my sleep lab about that too....
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2017, 10:03 AM)TimtheEnchanter Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. I am picking up my Amara View today. Ready for something new, and not quite to cut my goatee off completely (I will trim it thou).

P.S. I have an Auto CPAP but it is fixed at 11 pressure and I cannot even change it, I will have a talk today with my sleep lab about that too....

You have the ability to change ANYTHING on your machine that anyone else can change,  just download the clinic manual for your specific machine (CPAP setup manuals on top of this page).

The Force is within you, you have the ability to enchant this machine.

Fred

PS
View the manufactures video on fitting the Amara View,  It is finicky to properly adjust and requires a light touch.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a beard and mustache and I use nasal pillows, but I used a nasal mask for a long time without a lot of leakage. Fortunately, I took to pure nose-breathing very quickly.

I have found, however, that even the nasal pillows do tend to rub the moustache down in the area of the philtrum. I have to keep the whole mustache trimmed quite short or else it starts to look wrong. It was worse with the mask than it is now with the pillows but it's still a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Facial hair CPAP user here - coping, but it's always a struggle.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Electronic Facial patch for Detecting Sleep Apnea Sleepless in Dewberry 0 401 05-26-2023, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Sleepless in Dewberry
  F&P Evora Full With Facial Hair DreamerDude 2 921 11-19-2022, 06:02 PM
Last Post: DreamerDude
  Mask leaks facial fissures Mark Douglas 3 629 10-24-2022, 12:52 AM
Last Post: narual
  Facial skin stretching and creasing Oracles 4 909 03-29-2022, 06:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Upcoming Full face mask fitting at DME provider, facial shape considerations Rgn3 13 1,425 06-15-2021, 10:45 PM
Last Post: hegel
  Nasal mask to Facial mask increases the AHI a lot Pierrec83 3 881 01-20-2021, 06:43 AM
Last Post: Benzi
  Mask Slippage with Fine Hair Donna 18 10,354 01-20-2021, 12:27 AM
Last Post: PaulaBunyan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.