Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Factor's Treatment Thread
Factor's Treatment Thread
Is it possible to change the Thread title to "Factor's Treatment Thread"?

Wasn't really expecting to become a Tx thread but it did..
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation to Airsense 10 autoset
(07-03-2021, 01:57 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: Soft mode works great for me - less EDS, and my AHI is still great.

Thanks I may try this.  I dont have much EDS though.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Factor's Treatment Thread
Thread name change done!

Sleep-well
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation to Airsense 10 autoset
1) Ok look at this tell me which side is better.  The side before 0220 or after 0220.  Between 2146 and 0220 is on mask after is another.

2) I tried epr of 2 it made my AHI 2.5 +. lots of centrals.  I was wondering should I have raised my Minimum Pressure if I switched to erp of 2?

I hope everyone is well.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2021, 11:18 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Thread name change done!

Sleep-well

You are Awesome..
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
added these for ease of use.  based on my other question above.

9 pm to 2 am

2am to 6 am

Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a quick CA 101, almost everyone gets a few CA. To me it looks like you have a few CA on either half, probably because I compare it to what I'd get. If CAHI is under 5, ideally under 3, then you may be OK. Despite any data comfort is always first. Data helps us measure things, like if you edit EPR you can see a chart but you still must consider comfort. While on EPR x versus EPR y which was more comfortable? Whichever was better in feel is the one to use.

Mask choice involves comfort, leak control effectiveness, and consistency of leak control.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2021, 02:57 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Just a quick CA 101, almost everyone gets a few CA. To me it looks like you have a few CA on either half, probably because I compare it to what I'd get. If CAHI is under 5, ideally under 3, then you may be OK. Despite any data comfort is always first. Data helps us measure things, like if you edit EPR you can see a chart but you still must consider comfort. While on EPR x versus EPR y which was more comfortable? Whichever was better in feel is the one to use.

Mask choice involves comfort, leak control effectiveness, and consistency of leak control.
So not worrying about central’s just yet. 

So which mask is technically better?  I assume the one from 0220 to 6 am. I see way less leaks but the ahi is better on the 2100 to 220. Which is throwing me off..

I assume I should pick the mask with no leaks vs a mask with leaks.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're testing the effectiveness of two different masks, it's important to not change a lot of variables.

So to be a true test, you should test only one mask per night, not switch masks in the middle of a sleep period.  AHI and leaks can change depending upon your position, sleep cycle and other variables.  So the improved performance of one mask might not be due to the mask, but other variables.

Try not to change anything at all when testing masks - keep the exact same CPAP settings, keep the same sleep schedule, eat generally the same foods, drink the same liquids, exercise the same amount, and perhaps test one mask 2-3 nights, the next mask another 2-3 nights, etc. to get a larger sample of data.

Otherwise, you're introducing too many variables into the equation.

Just some thoughts.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes SuperSleeper has a good point. If you edit things and change masks, you'll not know which made it better or worse for you.

Which masks are these? And which was more comfortable?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 55 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,075 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,214 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,590 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 538 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.