Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Failing air fit test with P 10 on ResMed Aircurve 10s
Failing air fit test with P 10 on ResMed Aircurve 10s
Sorry if this has been discussed - I did do a search, but didn't find anything.
I just got a new machine on Friday (ResMed Aircurve 10s) I had been using (and liking) a ResMed P 10 nasal pillow mask on my Philips System 1.
The first 3 nights the Aircure showed smiley faces for leaks, but the last 2 nights,I got the red frowns and a lower score with adjust fit message. 
Tried the machines fit test today thinking maybe I was opening my mouth, but failed no matter what I did with the pillows. So I tried a brand new P 10 - same thing. Tried an old Nuance pro and passed.
Anyone else experienced this or know if it can (or needs to be) resolved?
The P 10 has been the most comfortable mask I've had since they stopped selling the GoLife pillow mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Failing air fit test with P 10 on ResMed Aircurve 10s
When you failed was there air blowing out around the mask, that you couldn't stop by adjusting it?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll have to try it again, but I don"t remember feeling any air blowing out around it.
But it did feel like I was getting more throgh it than normal.
Forgot to mention that MyAir says the events have risen steadily over the last few days as well 3.7 to 8.7 and then 18.7 last might.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Aircurve 10 Vauto and have never had any problem like yours. If you switch masks and the unit performs correctly, you would assume that the fault would be in the P10. I would think that you would be able to hear the air escaping from the mask as it would have to be sizable. You can try the old inner tube trick, mix up a very soapy solution and coat the mask and tubing and turn it on, if you see bubbles...........? Have you taken the P10 and simply held your finger over the pillows to seal the mask and run the mask fit, if you pass the test there is something wrong in the method that you are wearing the mask. Good Luck

Your machine can pump up to 24l/m and still maintain enough pressure for therapy. If your leaks do not exceed the 24l, something might be wrong with your machines fit test detector. Unplug the machine and power cycle it to clear the memory.
Post Reply Post Reply
It almost sounds like it's the P10 headgear. Check along the umbilical hose up to the pillow mounting surface for a leak when testing under pressure. I remember someone posting about getting a pinhole or crack in the hose. Of course, I didn't find it in a search.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find that I have to anchor the main hose so it doesn't pull the p10 to the side and cause a leak. This is also with a vauto.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried rebooting - still fails fit test.
I feel a little air around the mesh while wearing it. If I cover the mesh with my fingers it passes - green smiley face. Guess I'm going to use the Nuance pillows tonight and see how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess I'm just going to use a new  P 10 mask and not worry anout the red frown face.
Kept my wife awake all night with the air blowing at her from the Nuance mask. Also had to adjust the mask all night as I could feel it leaking around my nose. Not suprised that I had the red frown for leaks again this morning. The strange thing is that it doesn't feel like the P 10 is leaking at all.
One thing I haven't checked completely is the brand new climate line. Will do that today.
Also first time I tried putting my fingers over the P 10 pillows, it passed. Tried it again after trying mask on again and it failed??
Post Reply Post Reply
KOk - so I'm a dumb#%*
Figured I'd post this in case any of you have the same issue.
I don't hink I had the pillows locked into the headgear.
Although I didn't feel significant air escaping, I did think the pillows snapped in better after cleaning them yesterday, so I did the fit test again and passed.
My leak number was still bad last night, but I attribute that to the 60 seconds or so that I spent trying to blow the water out of the tubing when I woke up drowning.
Not impressed with my first Climate Line.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are getting water in the tubing, be sure to keep the machine below your head. Route the hose upward from the machine avoiding a downward loop except to the mask where you are using it. My machine is in the lower drawer of a night table and the hose is routed to the top of the headboard. This causes any water in the tubing to drain back to the humidifier. Avoid overfilling, and consider turning down the settings. Condensation is not a common problem. What are your humidity and tube settings?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 75 11 hours ago
Last Post: Jay51
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,487 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.