Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Falling Asleep During Day
Falling Asleep During Day
I am beginning to fall asleep around 11:00 a.m. at work again. Could it be I need to increase the pressure on my CPAP? It is at 12 now. What should it be changed to?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Falling Asleep During Day
Welcome
You need to post some data from your software to help determine that; else, you're just taking a stab in the dark.
First, let's start with which S9 you have. Look at the start button -- you'll see the specific model there. (Autoset, VPAP S, or ????)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Yah let's not be like my Dr who I initially told "The 18 is so high it blows on me so hard", and he said "Ok I send the script for 15 then" with no data...... he actually scared me to this board.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2016, 12:44 PM)maisey Wrote: I am beginning to fall asleep around 11:00 a.m. at work again. Could it be I need to increase the pressure on my CPAP? It is at 12 now. What should it be changed to?

Hi maisey,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

First, can you tell us how long you've been on cpap therapy? Are you going this alone or do you have a Doctor helping you?

Understand that we can't advise on raising pressure without some data and basic information.
Either way, we can help, but first you need to give us a bit more information.

Download the #SleepyHead software. This will give you the best advantage in following your therapy. In the meantime, give us some stats from the ResScan software you are using.

What is your AHI number, breakdown of AHI: Obstructives, Hypopneas, Clear Airway Events and leak rate.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi maisey,

WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy and I hope you figure out your other sleep problems.

trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 761 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 6 165 03-15-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,763 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 116 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  SPO2 still falling with CPAP freedom yayy 12 338 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: freedom yayy
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 269 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 659 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.