Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Family support

That should cover it. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Good explanations, Archangle! (as always)

(01-22-2016, 09:48 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your family situation really surprises me. Most spouses are keenly aware of the problem before the apnea patient. This is the first case of denial I have ever heard of.

I have heard of several familial denials... but the majority are husbands denying wives!!!

In my case, I have been snoring and choking for years and not listening to the husband Big Grin He is happy as can be that I no longer do this - but he was somewhat worried that I would become "addicted" to the machine. LOL. My reply to that was, yes - most people are fairly addicted to breathing, and that was that!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Your post made me realize that my family and friends were rather supportive. OK, they blamed it on me being somewhat overweight but never tried to convince me that the cure might be worst than the disease. I was not avoiding the subject and talked about it openly. Some of them concluded that they also exhibited some of the symptoms and made their physicians aware of it. Got tested and few ended up as hoseheads as well and that included a guy who was and still is very fit.
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply

I was the one in my family that was in denial. It took me a while but I finally got over it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ezdrifler,
I’m sorry your family isn’t supportive, it sounds like they are in denial of your sleep apnea. It's good you have told them that you were going to keep using the machine, I know it’s rough for you, but just keep up the good work.
My husband has been very supportive to me every since I went for my two sleep studies.
Much success to you and again, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife has been supportive from day one. Now I just have to convince her that SHE needs a sleep study.

"....respiration,—a troublesome practice, but one which custom has rendered necessary to our easy existence...." Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens- 1837

I use FlashPAP to load data from a FlashAir III wifi sd card in my machine to my computer and display it with SleepyHead .
robysue's Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Australian Medicare support for CPAP ? BHappy 11 327 03-16-2017, 03:07 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Machine and Issues regarding ASV support ckingzzzs 19 866 12-27-2016, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Ever try to call Philips Respironics for tech support? old dude 9 5,593 11-14-2016, 12:27 AM
Last Post: Md Hoq
  Newb looking for support Emolpi123 13 599 11-03-2016, 02:31 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Question [Pressure] Dream Station Auto Bi pap configuration of pressure support function dangood_47 6 922 10-27-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Glitch on Resmed S10 Autoset : ventilatory support florian1993 4 721 06-19-2016, 02:11 PM
Last Post: vsheline
Gross New to CPAP & Needing Support allynpsych 12 984 04-08-2016, 05:57 PM
Last Post: PaytonA