Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Family support
RE: Family support

That should cover it. Big Grin
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good explanations, Archangle! (as always)

(01-22-2016, 09:48 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your family situation really surprises me. Most spouses are keenly aware of the problem before the apnea patient. This is the first case of denial I have ever heard of.

I have heard of several familial denials... but the majority are husbands denying wives!!!

In my case, I have been snoring and choking for years and not listening to the husband Big Grin He is happy as can be that I no longer do this - but he was somewhat worried that I would become "addicted" to the machine. LOL. My reply to that was, yes - most people are fairly addicted to breathing, and that was that!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Your post made me realize that my family and friends were rather supportive. OK, they blamed it on me being somewhat overweight but never tried to convince me that the cure might be worst than the disease. I was not avoiding the subject and talked about it openly. Some of them concluded that they also exhibited some of the symptoms and made their physicians aware of it. Got tested and few ended up as hoseheads as well and that included a guy who was and still is very fit.
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was the one in my family that was in denial. It took me a while but I finally got over it.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ezdrifler,
I’m sorry your family isn’t supportive, it sounds like they are in denial of your sleep apnea. It's good you have told them that you were going to keep using the machine, I know it’s rough for you, but just keep up the good work.
My husband has been very supportive to me every since I went for my two sleep studies.
Much success to you and again, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife has been supportive from day one. Now I just have to convince her that SHE needs a sleep study.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,338 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 519 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 411 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 680 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,614 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,099 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.