Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FashAir Connections not reliable.
FashAir Connections not reliable.
Is anyone else having problems with the FlashAir card "going to sleep" and having to be reset to connect to the network again? By this I mean it seems like if I wait a few hours after I get up in the morning to transfer the data from my FlashAir card into the computer using FlashPaP the FlashAir card is not reachable. I power cycle the card and it is instantly reachable and transfers. I can then access the card for several hours, sometimes 10 or 12 hours, and then once again it seems to drop the wifi connection - even though if I check my router, it says the FlashAir is still attached. I run the FlashAir in Station mode (5) and it attaches to my router/AP via DHCP with a reserved IP.

Thanks.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FashAir Connections not reliable.
During these down times, what happens when you view the card with a web browser?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 09:42 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: During these down times, what happens when you view the card with a web browser?

The attempt times out. If I try to ping it, it also times out.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm just speculating (WAG) but I wonder if the cell modem has anything to do with this. I thinking that it might divert the power to it.

Sorry! Dont-know
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting thought. I have a "end of compliance" meeting with my doctor tomorrow and after that I will turn on Airplane mode to disable the Cell modem and see if that affects it.

Thanks.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
check these parms in /SD_WLAN/CONFIG:

APPAUTOTIME=0

STA_RETRY_CT=0
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 02:44 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: check these parms in /SD_WLAN/CONFIG:

APPAUTOTIME=0

STA_RETRY_CT=0

Thank you, those sound promising. APPAUTOTIME was at 300000, so maybe or maybe not setting to unlimited will help, but sure can't hurt!

But, STA_RETRY_CT I assume is retry count and setting to 0 I assume is unlimited, which certainly sounds promising Smile

I appreciate your help, I don't know why I didn't go to their site and check all the settings, I was there the other day working on a program to read the card...
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Well two hours later it's still up - we will see in the morning, I may owe you a bottle of our home made mead!
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also set NOISE_CANCEL=0 if it isn't already. I don't know how much of a boost to the signal it gives. I had to move my wifi closer to the cpap machine and it finally stays connected. I haven't had to cycle the card in over a week now.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I can say without hesitation at this point I no longer have any problem maintaining the connection. Thank you very much for the suggestions.

AlanE

Quote:You can also set NOISE_CANCEL=0 if it isn't already. I don't know how much of a boost to the signal it gives. I had to move my wifi closer to the cpap machine and it finally stays connected. I haven't had to cycle the card in over a week now.

I had that problem to start with and I put an access point 1/2 between my DSL modem/router and my bedroom where the CPAP machine and SD card are located. I had a few extra routers laying around Smile and put one to good use, now the card is nice and peppy in transferring and with sdb7802's suggestions the connection has not been dropped once.

Thanks!
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help. SleepyHead quit its reliable display and summary of SpO2 data. 2SleepBetta 10 3,240 08-16-2017, 12:19 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.