Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Father Bipap AutoSV Advanced
RE: Father ASV machine
Hello all,

My father was able to get a Resmed ASV and it seems better.  He also got a soft cervical collar that has helped as well.  He has only had a couple of nights with ahi < 2.  Most of the time it is around 7-10.  I am posting a typical night and hoping someone may have a suggestion for making an improvement.  He often complains that the pressure blows his mask off his face. He uses the resmed f30 full face mask.

Thank you,
kevrx

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Father Bipap AutoSV Advanced
Forgive any typing errors, I'm on the phone as home internet has dropped for some reason.

Consider trying this edit. Maintain in ASVAuto mode. EPAP Min increase to 7, maybe 8. No other changes, report back with an OSCAR. EPAP min acts like other PAPs in that it's what keeps the airway open. Check soft collar for proper fit.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree that a higher EPAP is needed to deal with the obstructive UA events. I suspect your dad may be tucking his chin and that this is giving rise to the events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's what it appears to be when I look on OSCAR and see clusters of 2 + OA events grouped. It's possible both the collar needs adjusted a bit to keep the chin from dropping behind the collar. Then therapy should benefit from the EPAP Min increase.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all,

He changed min epap to 7 and did better, AHI of 5.5.  He is not able to send me his data from the machine for oscar to post.  I did find out that he hasn't had the top strap of his mask on properly so getting that correct may help.  I also asked him to check the fit of his collar.  

Thanks again,
Kevrx
Post Reply Post Reply
OK we'll take positive progress as a good indication.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 687 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  DreamStation 2 Advanced Provider ManualIII Clay L 2 268 01-28-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 383 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] BiPAP / AutoSV with largest possible water container FHTC 3 347 11-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  de-activate modem dreamstation2 advanced The Rog 0 356 10-18-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: The Rog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.