Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fatigue Is Ruining My Life
RE: Fatigue Is Ruining My Life
(07-14-2012, 09:59 AM)morphmac Wrote: Ocaisionally I sleep quite well but that is because I've crashed out with exhaustion. Sorry to sound negative but I do sympathise with you - CPAP is CRAP can't live with it and can't live without it.
Seepless

I know exactly what you mean. It took me almost two months to reach what I call the crossover point. That is, in many ways the CPAP therapy helps because it allows me to get into the deep levels of sleep that I can't achieve without it. On the other hand, the mask, the hose, and the pressurized air all bother me so I keep waking up, and find it hard to get to sleep or to get back to sleep.

At first the negative effects outweigh the positive effects, and we feel like crap. At some point the negative effects subside to the point that they are outweighed by the positive effects. That's what I mean by the crossover point.

Now, after over 8 months of CPAP therapy the process continues. The positive effects have grown to far outweigh the fading negative effects. But the negative effects are still there.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fortunately, I adjusted to my c-pap right away within a day or two. I slept fine from day 1. If I felt like a little smothering, I just pressed thru it and it would come and go for a day or so, then I was fine. The heavy head and headaches left right away. I wasn't so drained. I have never sleep one night without it ever. If I have a bad cold, I just don't wear it and I don't sleep until my nose clears up. I would be afraid to sleep all night without it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2012, 10:35 AM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote: If I have a bad cold, I just don't wear it and I don't sleep until my nose clears up. I would be afraid to sleep all night without it.

Have you used the NeilMed sinus rinse?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2012, 10:35 AM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote: Fortunately, I adjusted to my c-pap right away within a day or two. I slept fine from day 1. If I felt like a little smothering, I just pressed thru it and it would come and go for a day or so, then I was fine. The heavy head and headaches left right away. I wasn't so drained. I have never sleep one night without it ever. If I have a bad cold, I just don't wear it and I don't sleep until my nose clears up. I would be afraid to sleep all night without it.

Never heard of it. Where can I buy it? I don't get colds or sick often, but good to have on hand.
Post Reply Post Reply
SBT, the first thing *I* thought of was low iron....when they tested you, did you get your ferretin serum number? And your Total Iron Binding Capacity? And not just normal but the actual numbers...you can be very low normal and trending down and the doctors will tell you it's NORMAL.

Another thing...on thyroid, have your T4 tested but also your T3...I was still tired after finding out my T4 was low, come to find out my T3 tanked as well and that one is seldom tested.

Low Vit D and low B12 can also cause fatigue.

So can being dehydrated which is easy to do in this heat.

Liz
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2012, 12:22 AM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote: Never heard of it. Where can I buy it? I don't get colds or sick often, but good to have on hand.

You can buy the NeilMed sinus rinse kit at any drug store. It's a syringe that you squeeze to squirt a saline solution into your nostrils. It comes with the salt packets in a kit, although you can just mix your own salt and baking soda.

Some people can't stand the feeling of the water jetting into your nostrils. It does take some practice to get used to it. If it bothers you, you can try a netti pot instead.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Another similar product is the Neti Pot, as discussed here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ying-colds

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 35 5 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 399 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,112 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,262 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,108 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Airsense 10 end of life JamesW 3 624 12-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.