Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fatigue Is Ruining My Life
RE: Fatigue Is Ruining My Life
Current number was under five as I recall. I don't know how to read all the data. It isn't every day that I have this fatigue, but often. I don't want meds if I can avoid them. I am stubborn that way. I didn't drink 3 of those energy drinks in one day, but over a period of one a day and then I took them back. I did not get gittery, just could not sleep at night and I know they are not the solution. No, not anemic either. It could be as simple as boredom. Or even loneliness. I lost a lot of sleep over the holidays so maybe it is sleep debt. I will figure it out eventually. Going to look for that tea and try it. Some days I don't need the nap and get a lot done. other days not so much. Maybe a diary of what I eat and when I get this fatigue to see if a food causes it. I do know pasta makes me drowsey. Today I got a lot done and not tired yet at 5PM. I am one of those people who needs seven to eight hrs sleep a night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there Sleeping Beauty Turquoise, It would probably help you to start writing down the foods you eat so that you can figure out which foods might cause your fatigue. You already said that pasta makes you drowsy so that's a start, just try to keep a record of the foods you eat to help get to feeling better. Really listen to your body. Best of luck on this and your CPAP treatment, trish6hundred
(04-22-2012, 07:43 PM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote: Current number was under five as I recall. I don't know how to read all the data. It isn't every day that I have this fatigue, but often. I don't want meds if I can avoid them. I am stubborn that way. I didn't drink 3 of those energy drinks in one day, but over a period of one a day and then I took them back. I did not get gittery, just could not sleep at night and I know they are not the solution. No, not anemic either. It could be as simple as boredom. Or even loneliness. I lost a lot of sleep over the holidays so maybe it is sleep debt. I will figure it out eventually. Going to look for that tea and try it. Some days I don't need the nap and get a lot done. other days not so much. Maybe a diary of what I eat and when I get this fatigue to see if a food causes it. I do know pasta makes me drowsey. Today I got a lot done and not tired yet at 5PM. I am one of those people who needs seven to eight hrs sleep a night.

trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Your not on your own. I have wondered many times the need for using my machine. I have nodded off many times in my chair for an hour and had an amazing deep sleep which I just dont get on apap or cpap. It seems that I have 2 types of sleep. Also on the caffeine drinks, I was a 10 can a day drinker which in the end made me ill, I cant drink them now as my body cant cope with tuarine thats in them. My fix is now the gym, I dont go mad I just do half an hour on the treadmill which really does help. I still have to cat nap as I have no choice I wouldnt be able to cope if I didnt. So dont think that your on your own as it is a common complaint, in over 2 years I havent once woke up refreshed, EVER and Im still waiting for it. I wouldnt give up my machine and still use it as without it I might aswell not get up at all.

My advise is sit down and write out questions and problems that are effecting you and take these to your doctor for discussion, its sometimes better as when you come out you wont be kicking yourself for not asking about certain things that you have forgott about. Dont let the next 5 years be the same act now and speak to your doctor and if he shrugs you of with vain answers then seek a second opinion, you have a right to yourself to feel better, if you keep pushing you will find the answers you seek, I did. Good luck

DC
Post Reply Post Reply
I hot the tea, Yerba Mata, but it gives me diarrhea. Going to see the doctor soon. Meantime, Dr Oz has suggestions to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there, You might want to read the lable of anything like that before you take it. I'm not familiar with that tea to know what the ingredients are. There are certain urbs that can hav a laxative effect so take special care to learn,read and study the ingredients. My husband has sensitivities to quite a few things and he have had to stop taking more supplements than you can shake a stick at. Finding the right supplements that can be of benefit is some times a very daunting task. Therefore, I can't stress enough, be sure to bone up, (pun intended, Ha-Ha-Ha,) on the ingredients.
(05-26-2012, 06:53 PM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote: I hot the tea, Yerba Mata, but it gives me diarrhea. Going to see the doctor soon. Meantime, Dr Oz has suggestions to help.

trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2012, 06:53 PM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote: I hot the tea, Yerba Maté, but it gives me diarrhea. Going to see the doctor soon. Meantime, Dr Oz has suggestions to help.

The talk of yerba maté made me put it on my shopping list. But when I got to the store today and read the label it turns out that it is loaded with caffeine. More than coffee.

I left it on the shelf.

Post Reply Post Reply
Turquoise, I am not an expert, but I do have many different health issues. First of all, let me assure you that a Fasting BG reading of 91 is definitely not low! The high end of the scale on a FBG is 99 so 91 puts you in the normal range. I am diabetic so I get beat up over those numbers all the time! Smile
Secondly, and this may be an unpopular viewpoint, but I don't care what some guy on television tells you, if you are relying on coffee, tea or some herbal concoction to get through the day, every day...you need to address the cause and not just drink, eat or whatever this stuff to "get by". You need to find the root cause of your fatigue. Just because you are on a CPAP does not mean that it is doing all that can be done for you. Sometimes there are other issues as well. I'm sure you have seen the posts on here about OSA being linked to HBP, Diabetes, etc. Fatigue can also be brought on by these issues as well. Any time your body has to work harder to sustain life than it should, it is going to take a toll that over the long run is going to cause fatigue. Perhaps you need to add an Oximeter into your nightly CPAP mix. Perhaps you are unable to get enough oxygen, or, perhaps your CO2 levels are high. Pulmonary problems can cause these issues which will cause fatigue. I strongly urge you to ignore the television and get a full physical done. If your doctor won't do it, ask for a second opinion. You need to have the proper bloodwork done to find the real culprit. Most of all, realize that you are the boss when it comes to your health. If your doctor will not cooperate, find another one. And for the record cooperation does not mean telling you what you want to hear, but it does mean getting to the bottom of a problem. I've heard a lot of things I didn't want to hear from the doctors I didn't fire. I also have a long list of doctors I fired. I look at it this way; I've got a lifespan of something between 50 and 100 years (give or take), and I intend to be at the very least comfortable during that time frame. Sometimes it means work on my part, but you have to have a primary provider who is willing to find the root causes of your issues with you.
I wish you the best of luck
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with mjbearit. I don't like this "Dr. Oz" guy so I am biased.

It is one thing to know you have X problem and have Z diagnosis so you take a medication or supplement to deal with it. It is a totally very different thing to not know and keep taking stuff to try and fix what you don't know is broken. Each tea or supplement or whatever can potentially add to the problem without you knowing why. Yes, it can possibly narrow down the base issue maybe. But in the long run, it isn't helping much.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2012, 07:58 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I'm with mjbearit. I don't like this "Dr. Oz" guy so I am biased.

Me either. When I first saw him on Oprah I thought he was great. I even bought his book, which started to change my mind.

When I see him on TV now he seems like a huckster. Giving people advice that amounts to homeopathy. Not necessarily a bad thing, unless you're trying to pass it off as bonafide medical advice. In my opinion, anyway.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please let me say that it is not my intention to bag on this one Dr Oz guy. I don't even know who he is as I do not watch daytime television. I could not pick him out of a line-up of two! It is simply my contention that there is no substitute for hard cold medical tests. Having said that, I have turned down certain medical procedures and medications based on personal preference. But I always do whatever is necessary to gather the facts so I can make an informed decision. Just today I have bloodwork done and my CO2 is creeping up slowly over the past few years. I ordered an oximeter today so I can try to find a pattern. Then my Internist and I will sit down and decide on a course of action. At no point would I consider any sort of herbal concoction or whatever to lower those levels. That is not a solution. Please ensure you are working with medical facts and working with your medical team to come up with logical solutions. And no, this is not just OSA in my case, I have other pulmonary issues.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 35 5 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 399 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,112 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,262 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,108 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Airsense 10 end of life JamesW 3 624 12-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.