Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fatigue Is Ruining My Life
RE: Fatigue Is Ruining My Life
Yerba Mate is not a substitute for coffee just like green tea its an acquired taste some like and some don,t but its funky drink
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...ate_02.jpg
Post Reply Post Reply
I Googled "Yerba Mata tea" but the only results I got where for "Yerba Mate tea".
Is it the same thing?
Post Reply Post Reply
Same thing. Misspeled.

Spell checkers aren't worth shirt.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2012, 03:37 PM)zimlich Wrote: You may have something like chronic fatigue syndrome. If you don't know much about CFS google it and there is lots of reputable information. You may also (and I'd be surprised if you weren't) depressed. Have either of these two things been considered? I imagine since it has gone on so long you've considered everything. What you're doing with your diet sounds pretty haphazard. You need to get on a balanced diet and stay there. There is no reason to avoid salt unless you have high blood pressure, or a doctor has told you not to use salt. You are floundering. I would recommend a thorough physical and an evuation by a psychiatrist.

Oh I disagree I would not recommend anyone see a psychiatrist ---unless of course they felt completley insane.
I mean these drs give out drugs that is what they do-drugs that "fix " nothing.Check out Dr Mercolas view of psychiatrists,good heavens therapy maybe but no shrinks...they can be dangerous.
I hope honest opinions are allowed here.They are in the rest of the world.
Post Reply Post Reply
We seem to be disagreeing on another thing. But we each have our own experiences on which to form those opinions.

I have had the complete opposite experience with psychiatrists. They wanted to take me off of the medication, not put me on some more.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2012, 01:56 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I have had the complete opposite experience with psychiatrists. They wanted to take me off of the medication, not put me on some more.

That was my experience, too.

But I do feel strongly that anyone who is receiving prescription medicine from a psychiatrist should also be receiving psychotherapy. I agree that psychiatrists are not the best providers of psychotherapy, so a separate therapist who doesn't administer drugs is something that everyone should consider.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife had a friend who's life was nearly destroyed at a result of over-medication at the hands of her psychiatrist.

She was a walking zombie for literally two full years. She used to be a vibrant, likable, sociable young lady who was happy and a delight to talk with. She had a small bout of depression after a child was born and mentioned to the doctor that she had occasional suicidal thoughts. He then referred her to a local psychiatrist, who began medicating her.

It turned her personality completely around. No more conversations. Only "yes" or "no" answers. That glazed look in her eyes, no smiling anymore, with the thousand-yard stare. Was like that for 2 years. The change was really scarey.

Getting her off the meds was like cutting a leg off as far as the tortuous pain she went through when the husband and family doctor decided to intervene, but today she's much better. From what I understand, it was 2+ years of hell for her because of a psychiatrist that pushed drugs into her system on an ongoing basis. No clue as to what she was taking, but I know she was taking a cocktail of drugs and he often changed the drugs when one mix wouldn't work (for depression).

Like any profession, there's good ones and bad ones out there. Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's applause for your plans to see a doctor soon! It's my understanding that there are many conditions/illnesses that can cause extreme fatigue. Like greatunclebill suggested, a visit to a neurologist also sounds like a good idea. I know of an illness not yet mentioned that can also cause extreme fatigue--M.S. I'm sure there are several others with this same symptom.
So, a good physical does sound like a good place to start to find the culprit.
Post Reply Post Reply
I plan to make an appt with my GP doc tomorrow. I would never consider a Psychiatrist or those drugs ever! The closest I would consider would be free Christian counselling. Based on scripture. I know some are totally against that. I also know that the closer I get to God, the less sad I am. I am not sad exactly, just saying, I feel better and more hopeful. I suspect my thyroid actually, as my mother had Hashimotos' disease and I know it is heredity. She could barely get out of bed, which was so unlike her. It gets very hot here, and many people just can't take summers here. It drains all of us here in AZ. I do have high B/P when I eat any salty foods and all frozen. boxed processed foods have too much sodium. I know I need to change my diet. My doc is very willing to dig to find a solution to my complaints. I also think if I lost weight I would have more energy. As for Dr Oz, I listen to natural food suggestions to boost energy. I do NOT take any energy drinks and never colas etc. I do like Camomile tea to soothe for the night. I don't drink tea with stimulants. I did see a Psych once in my twenties when I lost my husband in divorce. SHE did not agree with me and my Christian beliefs and because SHE had a different religion, or lack of, wrote in my records that I was delusional believing in and trusting my peers and GOD. WTH? I am too old for M.S I am in my 60s. I also know not eating meat can cause lack of B12 and cause fatigue too. I am ok with my Vit D. Thanks for all your suggestions. My last blood work was good. I have high iosinofils always have. Not parasites, but allergy related. Added thought. I once had a old woman German doctor write in a report I later read. I was well developed attractive young woman with heavy eye make up. What does eye make up have to do with anything? It was the 60s and I was modeling as a profession. I wore false eyelashes sometimes, mini skirts, you know the era.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try having them do a thyroid test. I was fatigued and cold and getting dry skin and it was my thyroid. Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 42 Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Last Post: coffee9724
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 402 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,113 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,264 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,110 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Airsense 10 end of life JamesW 3 625 12-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.