Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fatigue Is Ruining My Life
RE: Fatigue Is Ruining My Life
Can't get in to see docs' assistant til next Tuesday. It takes another few days for test results. I now have welts on my inside of knees first, then they healed and now back of ankle and on thigh. Itch like crazy. Oh and past two days diarrhea. Going to get up to 112 today, so doubt I will get cold even with A/C on. My body is all out of whack and allergy eyes too. To top it off, my vision is getting worse for driving but that is cataracts not yet ready for surgery.
Post Reply Post Reply
What CPAP machine do you have? "REMstar" can be any one of dozens of models. Does it say "Philips" on it anywhere. "Plus, Pro, Auto, etc.?" "M series?"

How long have you been doing CPAP?

All night, every night?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
It says Remstar Auto A Flex with Philips and Respironics under the lift up for water area/ I have the humidifier too. I began with a Res Med Auto titrating now use this unless traveling, I go back to the Res Med. Had C-pap 6 yrs yhs October. Saw doctor a few weeks ago and he again said my AHI 1.3 and oxygen good too at 95. My GP doc always does Ox on the finger and I am 95 walking around awake. I am citic acid sensitive and also drug sensitive to every drug from aspirin to antibiotics and anything. I used to joke that my mother found me in the back yard in a little space ship. And some Earth foods and drugs don't agree with me.LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
We call that Philips CPAP a PRS1 Auto machine. It's an excellent machine that records a lot of data. You can get the free SleepyHead software and look at detailed data for your treatment yourself.

I don't understand your comments about a ResMed machine. What machine do you normally use?

Putting the oxygen meter on your finger when you're awake doesn't tell you anything useful about your CPAP treatment. If you were about to die from apnea during the night, your O2 levels will still be good a minute or two after you wake up.

AHI of 1.5 is a good number as far as it goes. There can be some more subtle apnea problems that can be seen by looking at the data properly.
Useful links.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Respironics all the time, and do not plan to use my Res Med because I don't travel. I guess I am saying I have a back up machine. Also auto Titrating. I don't know how to interpret the card in my machine. I also don't know what my sleep study says in detail. I mean, I don't understand it. My doc just always says I am as good as I can get and better than most. I would imagine that I have arrousals during the night but this is all the info I ever get. He also said If I were a mouth breater, my AHI would not be so good at 1.3. I doubt my apnea is why I am tired. For all I know, my Brest Cancer could be back after 11 years clear, or anything. First thyroid, B12, and iron. Tests.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2012, 10:41 PM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote: I use the Respironics all the time, and do not plan to use my Res Med because I don't travel.
As you don,t use software imo ResMed S9 autoset is better machine bc it gives you better display of data on the screen including mask leak (unintentional leak)...just my 2 c Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
The other machine is NOT a Res Med s9. Just a six yr old Res Med auto-titrating machine. The Respironics is more quiet and only one year old. They both work fine. I do like the info showing up and easier to read on the old Res Med but always use my Respironics now.

Today at 11AM I go see the doctor. I have a lot to ask for test-wise. I am needing to sleep a lot lately. Napping every afternoon for 2-3 hrs. Getting 7-8 hrs sleep then still need to nap two hours after I get up, or as soon as I can. I was able to sneek a peek when I woke as to what pressure I was on just before I woke up.

BTW I wanted the ResMed s9 but it was not an option with my providers who only suppy Respironics and I had to fight to get the auto titrating one. We all kn ow they loose money with a better machine. The rep said No, they don't have any, but I got my doctor to work it out and I got the A Flex which is closest to ResMed s9 I was told. I can never have an s9 unless I pay for it myself, which I can't afford to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2012, 10:09 AM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote: I do like the info showing up and easier to read on the old Res Med but always use my Respironics now.

Get the free SleepyHead software. It's not that hard to learn how to use it.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2012, 10:09 AM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote: We all kn ow they loose money with a better machine.

I doubt there's any loss, but they do make more money if they give you bad machine.

Useful links.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sleeping beauty,
you've just told the story of my life! without CPAP I have headaches too especially over one side of my forehead. But with CPAP I'm slightly better oniy just so worn out. Ocaisionally I sleep quite well but that is because I've crashed out with exhaustion. Sorry to sound negative but I do sympathise with you - CPAP is CRAP can't live with it and can't live without it.
Seepless
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 31 4 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 399 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,112 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,262 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,108 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Airsense 10 end of life JamesW 3 624 12-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.