Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stuffed nose and full face mask
Stuffed nose and full face mask
On a few occasions I have had a stuffed nose and end up breathing through my mouth (full face mask). Am I still receiving the benefits of the CPAP when this happens? Thank you for your replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Stuffed nose and full face mask
Yes, that's the purpose of a full face mask. You may have seen posts recommending using a chinstrap to keep the mouth closed while using a nasal mask, but it's not necessary to keep your mouth closed while using a full face mask. I use a chinstrap, but I'm more comfortable wearing a nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
The purpose of CPAP is to maintain a positive pressure in your airway. Whether that pressure comes in through your nose, through your mouth, or through a tracheal tube is irrelevant.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your mouth is dry in the morning ... you,re probably breathing thru your mouth
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,814 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 521 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 199 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 152 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,981 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,604 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.