Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Favorite nasal headgear/cushions/pillows for a 100% side sleeper?
RE: Favorite nasal headgear/cushions/pillows for a 100% side sleeper?
Another vote for the bleep, especially the new version with a more flexible short hose and better diffusion for the vents. I use a hose lift to keep everything out of my way. The CPAPology Houdini hose lift seems to work especially well with the bleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sleep on my side much of the time: and use a Mirage Activa nasal mask - not pillows. The trick is a hose that routes from the top of the head and swivels easily.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed P30i. If you don't want the pillows inside your nostrils, n30i
Post Reply Post Reply
Bleep dreamport for me. No headgear and no leaks are the primary reasons, but not having nasal pillows rubbing my nostrils or septum raw is almost equally important. I use a cpap tube management system and it makes the bleep as close to not wearing anything on your face of head as there’s ever gonna be.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bobaloo,

Sorry to be so slow to respond to your question how I stopped sleeping supine.

I found it necessary and did try many ineffective and unpleasant (e.g., taping) approaches before settling on the rigorous improvised, and personally very satisfactory, measures pictured below. As we all vary, this would be overkill for many, appropriate for only a few who have the will and tolerance level to try most anything to solve their problem. I had scattered these mages over time, using them in posts or emailing them piecemeal, so I decided to put them together as below.

Prescribed and using an always leaking-and-waking FFM at first, I soon wanted to use the lighter P10. More importantly it appeared to have (a) the minimal skin-to-silicone boundary needing to be sealed and (b) the shortest bridging spans to fit and comply with variable facial countours. For too long, I accepted the idea I "couldn't" use pillows as a mouth breathing sleeper unless I trained my tongue to prevent air escapes. This was just as people began talking about and adopting the cervical collar, which I was skeptical of and late to adopt. I  found myself untrainable of tongue and that even a hard-stuffed reversed fanny pack would not stop my supine sleep and its attendant OA. I found my solutions, as below, but with a cervical collar. (That Deluxe abandoned chin strap was a more intrusive presence to get used to, but with its reduced posterior thrust, it was better for me than several I bought or improvised; good riddance to them all, though. The first retainer, alongside the strap, and that strap show I'd starve if I had to sew for others. The other retainer, by the hose, was done by a sewing shop with my materials.) 

I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,769 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 409 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 439 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 391 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 258 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.