Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feature Request - Time and Events at Pressure Chart
RE: OSCAR updated version (Bonjour)
had another look at time at pressure. time at pressure is interesting but not very useful by itself. a later (but not latest, iirc) version of SH included a background graph/'curve' that showed events at a given pressure, in addition to duration of that pressure. as I recall, quickly seeing what the pressure was for each event was what was most useful to me; as stated above, it was helpful for feeling my way around self titration. I remember being disappointed that it disappeared in newer versions of SH & oscar and I'm pretty sure I mentioned it here at least once in the SH days. graphic or tabular, either works for me.

a couple years ago I also asked if tabular flow limitation data could be viewed and/or exported to a spreadsheet. at the time I think I wanted to see if I could tell how accurate the flow limitation graph and statistics are. my memory may fail me, but I believe flow limitation was not among the exportable data. in an ideal world, it would be nice to access all the data underlying the graphs and statistics to help those inclined to look for correlations to help identify issues and guide settings changes. graphs are usually sufficient but some folks like to poke around a little deeper.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR updated version (Bonjour)
As a new CPAP user I have been trying to look at a lot of the data as I can get OSCAR to work for me (see the other thread where I talk about the details) and I sort of agree with the request for a table... 

The existing 'time at pressure' graph sort of works in that one can get the details by mousing over it, but it can be hard to find incidents as tiny cursor movements can show or hide an incident...  (Perhaps the curve is to fine grained??)  A table with fairly wide or adjustable steps (say 1cm H2O as default) seems like a useful addition...

I'd also agree with the suggestion that it would be nice to be able to export as much of the underlying data that goes into the curves as practical so that it could be looked at with spreadsheets or other such tools - graphs and curves are nice and can be useful but some of us are more comfortable looking at numerical data...  Having export tools would allow users to display / manipulate the data in ways that are most useful to them, and might even lead to figuring out different ways of correlating the information to improve stuff for everyone...

ex-Gooserider
Wheelchair using Paraplegic - T5,  Very hairy face, breath via both nose and mouth, so need full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feature Request - Time and Events at Pressure Chart
It's not much of a problem to add the statistical percentiles of almost any of the graphed values to the csv files that can be exported. I had something like that in mind when I first started looking at SleepyHead.

On the other hand, I seriously doubt that you want to look at all the numerical values of the pressure or flow rate. For ResMed machines there are 25 values every second, 90000 per hour, more than half a million for a six hour sleep. Even the low frequency reporting comes at 1800 values per hour, over 10000 for six hours.

For ResMed machines the complete data is in edf files, which are fairly easy to decipher - except for the STR file. I'm not sure what format would be sensible for the amount of data available, certainly not a csv ascii file. Oddly, a .wav file would be good if it allows fractional Hertz sample rates... might be worth investigating, although I don't think it fits into OSCAR's remit.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
So if you really want data overload, it's there.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
while my interest at the moment was in the time/events at pressure data, I made a general statement that it would be nice to have access to all underlying data. of course I have no idea what that entails. given pholynyk's comment about pressure and flow rate, I guess I'd temper my interest in 'all' data to that which is practical, useful, manageable and feasible to make available. I assume somewhere along the line the decision was made for presumably practical reasons to drop the time at pressure events table or graph so maybe (like session combining?) it's not an easy fix?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 33 11 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 89 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 204 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 327 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR "scrubber bar" feature? jdavis 2 233 02-22-2024, 09:42 PM
Last Post: jdavis
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 756 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  Request Copy of Resmed Airsense 10 SDCard core files gedm 6 486 12-14-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: gedm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.