Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feature Request: User Notes
Feature Request: User Notes
Thank you for Oscar. I use it monthly to save reports of my CPAP data. I would love if there were a feature to have a user notes function. A simple text editor where I could record things like when I order CPAP supplies and change filters and nose pillows, etc. It would be great to be able to store this information in the same place that I save my data.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feature Request: User Notes
Hi dkovax! - Welcome
Look on the left side of the Daily screen, under the calendar. You will see a tab labeled, "Notes".

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! Thank you for pointing main the right direction.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just want to jump onto this topic to add a Notes Feature request.

While OSCAR does support notes, it doesn't support anyway of effectively indexing or finding them, effectively making them notes useless.

Case in Point:

On another forum, I ws responding to a post about expected mask length. When I change mask I make a note in OSCAR. To determine how long my mask lasted I had to:
  • go to OSCAR daily view
  • turn on the calendar
  • click notes tab
  • look for bolded day of month and click the day to read notes
  • repeat this process for every month until I found both the day I changed it in and the day I replaced it. 

I'd also like to add that, depending on ones screen size, font and vision, noticing the bolded day is tedious at best.

A way to better indicate a day contains notes, listing notes and searching for notes would make using notes useful.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe an icon in the Navigation pane that says "Log" or some such and when you open it, there are indexed entries (maybe sortable by date, or searchable and or with a few that you may use all the time pinned to the top of the list. For me, the calendar feature still works as I generally upload my data on the last day of the month so not terribly hard to just search through the last days of the month, but a pinned note for a Supplies note/log would be even better, compared to having to look through individual entries, etc. 

For your consideration, respectfully. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Notes is coming from the old SleepyHead code. It seemed to be an afterthought then. It was cleaned up as the best it could be, in regard to the current database design. Again, the database is from the old SleepyHead code as well. A new database design is in the planning stage (no code has been written), and this is one of the considerations.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The calendar has different highlighting based on content for a particular day. It's not perfect but it's something...
The first of the following determines the highlighting: Cpap only = Blue, Cpap+oxi = Red/Bold, Cpap+notes=Blue/Bold, Cpap+stage/position = Magenta/Bold, Oxi=Red/Normal, Notes=DarkYellow/Bold, stage/pos=Red/Normal.

So if you have cpap+oxi then there's no highlight for notes, but if you just have cpap and notes you'll get bold for entries with notes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Notes: 

the way i use the notes is via MS Word.

I record all my notes in MS word daily then copy paste into the OSCAR notes.

Makes a handy backup too!

MS Word or (Libre Office etc) is easily searchable.

Oh and almost all formatting gets copied into OSCAR. 

Hope this helps!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 205 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  OSCAR "scrubber bar" feature? jdavis 2 230 02-22-2024, 09:42 PM
Last Post: jdavis
  Request Copy of Resmed Airsense 10 SDCard core files gedm 6 484 12-14-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: gedm
  [Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph tossinandturnin 8 853 07-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: tossinandturnin
  Feature Request - OSCAR Linux rammjet 3 627 07-09-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: rammjet
  Identify nights by notes? BlueSky1958 6 986 06-11-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Feature Request] Flow Rate graph to Audio File? omonoiatis9 1 548 05-05-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.