Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base
OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base
Just did my first import of my several months of Wellue SleepU data into OSCAR (what an amazing software product).

One problem: all my oximeter events are an hour ahead of the CPAP data in the OSCAR plots  (so if sleep starts at midnight for the oximeter, it's 1 AM for CPAP), which suggests a disparity in how Daylight Savings Time is being handled in the 2 data streams. 

Any suggestion for how to get the oximeter data to adjust?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base
If you are using OSCAR version 1.3.1 only.  Change the SleepU's filename to match the time you want it to start.

Purge the oximeter data.  Go to the directory where the SleepU data is located and change the name of each file to match the CPAP's start time or and hour different.  

Using your midnight and 1 AM as an example:
A SleepU file name is comprised as Year-Month-Day-Hour-minute-second (YYMMDDHHmmss).

Original SleepU filename started at 3/30/2022@00:22:33 = 22030002233

Either the CPAP's time or the real SleepU start time, 3/30/2022@01:22:33 = 220330012233

As shown above you would rename a SleepU file that has a name of, 22030002233 to 220330012233.

You then reimport the SleepU's data into OSCAR, and it will now match.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just synchronized the Wellue software (O2 Insight Pro) with my computer clock (under configuration) - will see if that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
That will help going forward, but I was referring to the data you already had downloaded from the SleepU. Also, testing has shown that the SleepU's start time can be up to a minute after you actually started the device. Due to the CPAP's clock time drift, the time synchronization between the SleepU and your CPAP is always a problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent, thanks for the helpful guidance. Will also make a mental note to re-sync the SleepU each fall/spring time change.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 2 91 25 minutes ago
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 6 53 1 hour ago
Last Post: Gep232
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 655 2 hours ago
Last Post: StuartC
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 40 Yesterday, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 84 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 151 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 94 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.