Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feedback On My Polysomnogram Summary?
Feedback On My Polysomnogram Summary?
Would appreciate any comments, opinions,  or advice general or otherwise (for what it's worth) Thanks in advance.

Overall AHI of 24.7

2 obstructive apneas, 0 mixed apneas, o central apneas, and 153 hypopneas

Pt was supine for 115.5 min, with a supine AHI of 61.8, non-supine for 260.5 min, with a non-supine AHI of 8.3.  REM AHI of 68.2.

The nadir oxygen saturation was 78 % with a total of of 59.1 mins below 90%

Snoring was noted moderate-loud

There were 98 total periodic  limb movements, associated with arousals w/ a periodic limb movements in sleep index of 15.6/hr

During 376 mins sleep, showed sleep efficiency of 77.7%, 16 awakenings, or arousal index of 8.8, sleep latency of 70 mins   3.9% stage N1 sleep, 56% stage N2 sleep, 21% stage N3 sleep, and 19%  stage REM

Diagnosis: OSAS, , Snoring, PLMD

Impressions: Moderate OSAS,  Severe oxygen desat, PLMS

Thanks for your time
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feedback On My Polysomnogram Summary?
Oh and, from the PAP Titration Report:

At an optimal CPAP pressure of 7cm, AHI is 1.8 and a nadir Oxygen saturation of 89%
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, Oh what I don't get is why certain #'s are higher in the supposedly improved PAP Titration study than in the Polysom. Shouldn't these numbers be LOWER?

Polysom PAP Titration

PLM 15 18

Arousal Index 8 11

Awakenings 16 18

N3 Sleep 21% 18%

Stage REM 19% 13%

PLM in Sleep Index 15/hr 18/hr

or, in this area, HIGHER?

Sleep Efficiency 77% 73%

Peace and Love.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry. Should read:

Sleep Efficiency: Poly 77% Titra 73%
Arousal Index Poly 8 Titra 10
Awakenings Poly 16 Titra 18
Sleep REM Poly 19% Titra 13%
PLM In Sleep 15/hr 18/hr
Index
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like sleeping on your side may reduce the apnea considerably.
You had 61.8 supine AHI vs 8.3 non-supine AHI - about 1/7 the apneas per hour sleeping on your side.
You may find that a large pillow - a wedge (ex Therapedic reading wedge), a pregnancy pillow, etc. to help support your back will help you sleep on your side.
I've got one where I lie partially on the narrow edge of the wedge and this snugs the remainder of the pillow to my back.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks Beej. I do sleep on my sides the vast majority of the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently picked up a Therapedic reading wedge - it ran about $52 US. Pregnancy pillows fall in the same range. My AHI has dropped from around 5 and up to under 3.
Physically therapy wedges are at least double, although they are firm and the covers can be wiped down.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 238 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 329 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Leaks/Flow Rate Issues - Feedback Greatly Appreciated CavemanDoctor 1 349 01-22-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 536 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
  Feedback on OSCAR data Jobaaayyy 13 768 11-27-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.