Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feedback Request for SH Results
RE: Feedback Request for Sleepyhead Results
The UF2 appears to be persistent flow limitation with flattened inspiratory peaks and some short periods that border on hypopnea. This may be a pressure issue, that might improve with more pressure support as we discussed, but I think it is more likely positional restriction in your airway. A closer look at the wave form might be helpful.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
UF1 and UF2 are user-defined "Flow Limitation" event where they are typically set below the threshold of a Hypopnea. Apnea, Hypopnea, Flow Limitation, UF1/2 are all the same thing, only less severe typically the more you get into that list. The nice thing that you can do is set them up as for a normal Hypopnea but reduce the duration from the standard 10 seconds to say 8 seconds. This is keeping in mind that 10 seconds was basically an arbitrary number set by the medical community by consensus. This is one of the things we look for when viewing a detailed segment of the flow chart. Because we do not know what they are set up as we mostly ignore them.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's 5 of them:

QUOTE: "you can do is set them up as for a normal Hypopnea but reduce the duration from the standard 10 seconds to say 8 seconds"

Do you mean in the sleepyhead software I can change settings for the UF's?

Are UF3 events recorded? I haven't seen one of those yet but I see it in preferences as ticked.
Post Reply Post Reply
These are all obstructive events that do not meet the standard duration of 10 seconds.

SR has you going down the right track here.

Looking at your OP most of the UF2 events occurred in a period of tossing and turning at the beginning of your night and I would classify them as SWJ and ignore them.  SWJ - Sleep-Wake-Junk.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, thanks for that info.

I went ahead and put my mask on and tried adjusting the Mask setting and FLEX setting in every combination until I found what feels like the most comfortable settings.
With Mask setting at 3 and FLEX at 1 feels the most comfortable to me while still giving me the feeling that there is still pressure trying to keep my airway open.
Well, that's what feels good while awake. I'll see tonight if it translates into a better AHI result.
I have a cervical collar arriving today. So it those UF's are mostly from position, hopefully that will also improve.

Thanks for the education on this stuff. Having been able to make improvements without the waiting has really improved my attitude alone, not to mention the physical improvements.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to Fred for filling in. We are definitely on the same page.  On your posted images, this one shows an inhale and a held breath, probably a position change. Breaths leading into the pause are flow limited, and the increased volume on the end are recovery breathing:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9867]

This one is straight flow limitation and most likely positional. We see increasing resistance to flow and an near apnea with continued effort, and flow continues to be flow-limited through the segment.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9871]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, I see what you mean. 

That's really cool to see and understand what's going on. 

Thanks so much for the insight. 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, so I had the cervical collar on last night for the first time. I also got a sleep mask and ear plugs as well with the same order.

My AHI improved for last night. Got a 1.56.
There was a large difference in the amount of sleep I got too. I only slept for just under 6 hours where normally I'll get around 7 1/2 hours.
I'm thinking the lower number could be because of less hours but its too early to tell. Will gather more data as days go by.

I am curious about these two CA events.
They look kinda like the flow limitations you pointed out in the other examples.
What do you think is the breathe spike just before these two as opposed to the other ones where they were steady breathes before and after(previous post examples)?
And unlike the possible positional change one where the breathing increased right after(previous post examples).

New examples of increased breath before CA:

Post Reply Post Reply
I wore a fitbit last night and checked out it's charts to compare against sleepyhead.

It seems like its in the ballpark. Not quite sure about its accuracy as far as sleep type comparisons. But it is neat to see when I may possibly be awake to help ignore wake breaths vs sleep breath timeframes.

[attachment=9887]

[attachment=9888]

[attachment=9889]
Post Reply Post Reply
What we are seeing is a nearly complete treatment of obstructive events. OA and H events are practically non-existent and in their place are a few idiopathic centrals. These are low consequence and there is not really any good explanation or certain cause for them. Both of the events you imaged are preceded by a large inhale, and this suggests movement or arousal. The Philips machine is continuing to improperly time IPAP trigger resulting in those bumps during what should be exhale. This is an example of where the Resmed has the advantage with a "trigger sensitivity" setting.

Let's not rush into changes, but it looks like you may do just fine with a lower pressure setting of 9.0 EPAP, 13.0 IPAP if obstructive apnea remains low, and a lower setting is not out of the question.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 23 1,183 7 hours ago
Last Post: zsearcher
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 129 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 118 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 234 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.