Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feedback on Stats Needed
Feedback on Stats Needed
[attachment=4469]

I'm finally all set. I got my new ResMed AirFit P10 mask yesterday and am really happy with it so far. Such a huge difference between it and the full face mask or the nasal mask I tried before. I'm grateful!

My sleep pattern is really still a mess. I am including the Sleepyhead data from last night/yesterday and would like to know how much I actually slept. I don't have a clue about how to read the info yet so I am depending on those of you who know for your valuable insight!!!

Thanks,

JoLyn
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feedback on Stats Needed
You slept (had the machine on) for 8 hours, 42 minutes and 10 seconds. See left side of chart under your AHI score.

The machine does not know if you are actually asleep.

Eventually you may be able to tell when you sleep, by comparing certain graphs (Respiration) and when you think you fell asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
She did not have the machine on for that time looks like it was off and on a number of times over night. Looks horribly disturbed to me...
Post Reply Post Reply
It was on and off, but it looks like it was on for a total of 8:45 or so.

5:30pm to 1130am with large (4hr) gaps.

Were you removing it during the night then napping with it, too?
Post Reply Post Reply
Is 00:00 12 midnight? What you are seeing is three times I went to bed, trying to sleep. My sleep is very disturbed. When I was in bed I had the mask on. I mentioned in a previous post that I have RLS and pain that I deal with that makes it very hard for me to fall asleep. I am so counting on this treatment with my CPAP machine to help me to get back to some kind of regular life. It really has been pretty horrible not getting much sleep ...

Thanks you all. I appreciate your help a lot!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2018, 02:34 PM)KSMatthew Wrote: Were you removing it during the night then napping with it, too?

Yes. I remove the mask when RLS makes me get out of bed because I cannot stand it. I will get up for maybe 15 minutes or more then go back to bed and try to sleep again. I can be up and down a bunch of times in any given sleep session. Once in a while, I will be able to go to bed and just go to sleep. I hope that improves.
Post Reply Post Reply
While you are having such trouble you might want to leave the adjustment alone for now. Just focus on RLS and getting some decent sleep. The machine is just reading you while you are going to sleep and waking up, because the sleep times are so short. later I would look at pressure adjustments
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Something you might want to try is using the machine during the day while you watch TV or read. It'll help you get use to the feeling of the pressure so you become more relaxed with it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2018, 03:36 PM)ajack Wrote: While you are having such trouble you might want to leave the adjustment alone for now.

Hi ajack,

Thanks for your advice! The only settings I have changed are increasing the humidity from 5 to 6 and increasing the start pressure from 4 to 5 (I didn't feel like I was getting enough air). I agree that I should just leave the settings alone for now. Do you think I should return the settings I did change back to where they were?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2018, 03:46 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Something you might want to try is using the machine during the day while you watch TV or read. It'll help you get use to the feeling of the pressure so you become more relaxed with it.

I think things will settle down a bit now that I have the pillow mask. It makes a huge difference so I don't think it will take too long to get used to it. I have been using my machine while reading ... Part of 8+ hours yesterday was registered while I was just reading.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 8 157 Today, 02:54 AM
Last Post: RobertGeorge
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 49 Yesterday, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 77 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,018 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 340 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  help needed teamarliss 7 260 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  First night on CPAP. OSCAR feedback? brainfoggysleeper 7 321 02-24-2024, 08:44 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.