Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feedback on Stats Needed
RE: Feedback on Stats Needed
AHI under 5 is considered treated by most Sleep Doctors. Here most people shoot for under 2.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2018, 07:52 PM)JoLyn Wrote: I am not going to keep doing this forever and ever!! This Sleepyhead is my falling asleep around 2 pm then waking about 3:30. It shows events in the beginning and the end. But the Flow Rate graph shows black lines all through the middle. I'm wondering if I was getting good sleep during that time or what? Also, what is good AHI?

[Image: OR9hS96.png]" />

I'm no good at interpreting SH graphs, there are many experts here that are.

<5 AHI is what you want to aim for.

Here's how the math works: add up all the apneas and hyponeas, then divide by the number of hours.  For example, if you have 40 events over an 8 hr night, that's 40/8 = 5 AHI, or 5 events per hour.

In this recording, you had almost 10 events per hour.  But you only had about 1.6 hrs of sleep during that period, so that's 16 total events over that 1.6 hrs.

Part of what might be happening with your numbers - it is common for the CPAP to record events that aren't really events, and it usually happens in that gray area while you transition from awake to asleep, and again when you transition from asleep to awake.  Normally, those numbers get diluted because of the hours of sleep in between.  Because you have such short sleep periods, it may be that your AHI is a little deceiving.  I see there is a cluster of events within about a 10-15 minute period.  If you had and extra couple hours of sleep, they wouldn't mean much, but they are magnified because you have a short sleep period.

The best thing now might be to relax and keep using the CPAP to get used to it.

I don't know much about RLS, but I understand it can be a real problem.  It sure seems that way here.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2018, 08:45 PM)KSMatthew Wrote: The best thing now might be to relax and keep using the CPAP to get used to it.

I don't know much about RLS, but I understand it can be a real problem.  It sure seems that way here.

Thank you  Smile

Okay, so right now I think I just need to focus on my sleep issues. My RLS is getting better because of a medication I started taking recently. I really am much better than I was a couple of months ago when I did the first sleep study. I do feel very hopeful at this point and that is a good thing!

p.s. math and I don't get along very well, lol!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2018, 08:17 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: AHI under 5 is considered treated by most Sleep Doctors. Here most people shoot for under 2.

Oh my ... I'm not doing so good!! It'll get better in time. I'm sure of it!!
Post Reply Post Reply
You might be doing better than you think. I forget what your sleep study AHI numbers were, but your CPAP numbers are better. Some of what you are seeing is due to your short sleep periods, and you said you are starting some new treatment there, too. I thought you also mentioned you are feeling more rested. So congratulations! Things will keep getting better. Stay positive!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2018, 10:17 AM)KSMatthew Wrote: So congratulations!  Things will keep getting better.  Stay positive!

Thanks for the encouragement!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 8 160 Yesterday, 02:54 AM
Last Post: RobertGeorge
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 52 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 78 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,019 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 340 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  help needed teamarliss 7 262 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  First night on CPAP. OSCAR feedback? brainfoggysleeper 7 321 02-24-2024, 08:44 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.