Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feedback on Stats Needed
RE: Feedback on Stats Needed
(02-16-2018, 03:21 PM)JoLyn Wrote: Is 00:00  12 midnight? What you are seeing is three times I went to bed, trying to sleep. My sleep is very disturbed. When I was in bed I had the mask on. I mentioned in a previous post that I have RLS and pain that I deal with that makes it very hard for me to fall asleep. I am so counting on this treatment with my CPAP machine to help me to get back to some kind of regular life. It really has been pretty horrible not getting much sleep ...

Thanks you all. I appreciate your help a lot!

Yes, 00:00 is midnight.

CPAP can increase your quality of sleep, but if RLS keeps waking you up then your quantity of sleep is being limited.

Your quality of sleep makes a difference in how you feel, even if you don't get the quantity you want because of the RLS.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2018, 04:53 PM)KSMatthew Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 03:21 PM)JoLyn Wrote: Is 00:00  12 midnight? What you are seeing is three times I went to bed, trying to sleep. My sleep is very disturbed. When I was in bed I had the mask on. I mentioned in a previous post that I have RLS and pain that I deal with that makes it very hard for me to fall asleep. I am so counting on this treatment with my CPAP machine to help me to get back to some kind of regular life. It really has been pretty horrible not getting much sleep ...

Thanks you all. I appreciate your help a lot!

Your quality of sleep makes a difference in how you feel, even if you don't get the quantity you want because of the RLS.

That is what I am counting on Matthew!! I actually think it is working already because I am feeling a bit better.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can ignore the central (CA) events as sleep disruption. With such fragmented sleep it is hard to give good advice, but to help you get more comfortable, I would like to see you turn on EPR full-time at 1. Just a little drop in exhale pressure can be very relaxing, and I don't think your central events have anything to do with respiratory issues.

Your pressure is set at 7-13 and you have Ramp starting at 4. I would like to see you turn ramp off if possible. You just barely get started at therapy pressure and you shut it down. Turn off ramp, and let's see if you can tolerate CPAP pressure, and if it is effective.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2018, 07:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You can ignore the central (CA) events as sleep disruption.  With such fragmented sleep it is hard to give good advice, but to help you get more comfortable, I would like to see you turn on EPR full-time at 1.  Just a little drop in exhale pressure can be very relaxing, and I don't think your central events have anything to do with respiratory issues.

Your pressure is set at 7-13 and you have Ramp starting at 4. I would like to see you turn ramp off if possible. You just barely get started at therapy pressure and you shut it down.  Turn off ramp, and let's see if you can tolerate CPAP pressure, and if it is effective.

Sleeprider I have no problem changing the settings but will Kaiser have an issue with my doing that? I have learned how to go into the settings to change them. Also, someone stated that I should not be changing settings at this point. But, what you say about exhale pressure really rings true ... it has been bothering me. It was worse with the other masks I had but still true with my new pillow mask.

Ramp ... what is that? I like what you have said about just getting started at therapy pressure. I know that I do feel like I am not getting enough air most of the time so if the ramp settings would change that it would be good. 

I am very serious about all of this. I feel that bad sleep is at the core of a lot of the health issues I am dealing with. I am not one who will be putting my machine in a closet somewhere. It is a lifeline to me.

Thank you ...
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepriders recommendations are all for "Comfort" and as such you are "allowed" to make those changes.

IMHO SleepRider is one of the best here.  If he suggests a change it is warranted.  I frequently target the same goals as Sleeprider but usually plan on 2 or 3 steps to his one.

Ultimately it is your choice, but for now the argument is I can't sleep thru the night with the current settings and I have to get that far to start.   Once you are more comfortable with CPAP then you will be better able to tweak the numbers.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2018, 09:05 PM)bonjour Wrote: Sleepriders recommendations are all for "Comfort" and as such you are "allowed" to make those changes.

IMHO SleepRider is one of the best here.  If he suggests a change it is warranted.  I frequently target the same goals as Sleeprider but usually plan on 2 or 3 steps to his one.

Ultimately it is your choice, but for now the argument is I can't sleep thru the night with the current settings and I have to get that far to start.   Once you are more comfortable with CPAP then you will be better able to tweak the numbers.

Fred

Thank you Fred ... I am learning about the experts here! I made the changes that Sleeprider suggested and will post them now.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Sleeprider - So this was my night with the changes you suggested. I am in Pacific time and I think I tried to sleep at 10 pm which I think is the middle section, 02:00. Then I was awake for a while and the 06:00 section I was on and off asleep. (the first little section was me reading with machine on)

Even though this looks like a mess I think it was better with the changes I made. I am still testing the pillow mask sizes. I think the medium is the best so far. 

I appreciate your help!

[Image: dg6mNA2.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Ramp = When you start the machine it starts at a low level, then ramps up to your treatment pressure. Some people have a high treatment pressure and find it uncomfortable while trying to get to sleep. Some CPAPs allow you to set the ramp starting pressure and ramp time.

In your case, the ramp is cutting into your therapy time. Turning it off might get you a few more extra minutes at full pressure.

Exhale pressure is what you exhale against. You can set the CPAP to drop to a lower pressure when you exhale. This might be more comfortable to you.

As was mentioned in a previous post, these are considered "comfort" settings and are user adjustable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jolyn,

There should not be an issue in setting you machine to the correct time if you do it some time after 6pm before you use the machine for the day you will need to be in the clinical menu to do it but it will make it easier to relate to what time you go to bed etc. Unless you actually travelling at the moment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for this explanation! If I am understanding this correctly, since I shut the ramp off, I start off at the 7 setting, right?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 155 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Chart help needed SteveC 4 180 04-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 367 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help needed how to use cpap on a plane June11 3 186 04-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 605 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 285 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,668 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.