Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feedback on Stats Needed
RE: Feedback on Stats Needed
(02-17-2018, 12:56 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Jolyn,

There should not be an issue in setting you machine to the correct time if you do it some time after 6pm  before you use the machine for the day you will need to be in the clinical menu to do it but it will make it easier to relate to what time you go to bed etc. Unless you actually travelling at the moment.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying. My machine is at the correct time. It is the Sleepyhead software and it's military time that is confusing me because it is not Pacific time. Somewhere I read that it is not a good idea to change the time format in Sleepyhead, is that correct?

Thanks, JL
Post Reply Post Reply
JoLyn, SleepyHead just reports the time the machine gives it. The way to adjust the time is in the machine in the clinis settings. As far as military time's pretty easy to learn. Anything after 12 noon you add 12 hours for the time. To figure out what your reading take away 12 hours. Example 18:00 -12 is 6:00PM. Say you want to set the clock and it's 2:00PM. Add 12 hours and that means your setting 14:00.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2018, 02:06 PM)JoLyn Wrote: Thanks for this explanation! If I am understanding this correctly, since I shut the ramp off, I start off at the 7 setting, right?

Exactly.  CPAP will start at your treatment pressure when ramp is off.  Otherwise, it will take 20-40 minutes to work it's way up.  That's fine for some people that have a very high pressure setpoint, they can fall asleep easer at the lower pressure.  Since you don't get much unbroken sleep, you probably would do better with the ramp off.  That way, if you do fall asleep quickly, the machine is at full already.

--

Also - your machine time.

As someone mentioned, Sleepyhead just graphs whatever info the CPAP records, it doesn't change any times.  Somewhere on your machine settings is a way to set the time.  There might be a way to configure Sleepyhead to display times in 12-hr vs 24 hr format, but I'm not sure.

24-hr time is pretty simple once you get the hang of it.  0100 (1am) - 1200 (noon) is normal.  After that, just add to noon.  1pm = 1300, 2pm = 1400, ..., 12am (midnight) starts everything over at 0000, so 0030 is 12:30am.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2018, 02:57 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: JoLyn, SleepyHead just reports the time the machine gives it.

So I guess my machine is set for military time and 3 hours ahead of me. I am figuring this out!!   Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2018, 07:04 PM)KSMatthew Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 02:06 PM)JoLyn Wrote: Thanks for this explanation! If I am understanding this correctly, since I shut the ramp off, I start off at the 7 setting, right?

As someone mentioned, Sleepyhead just graphs whatever info the CPAP records, it doesn't change any times.  Somewhere on your machine settings is a way to set the time.  There might be a way to configure Sleepyhead to display times in 12-hr vs 24 hr format, but I'm not sure.

24-hr time is pretty simple once you get the hang of it.  0100 (1am) - 1200 (noon) is normal.  After that, just add to noon.  1pm = 1300, 2pm = 1400, ..., 12am (midnight) starts everything over at 0000, so 0030 is 12:30am.

I'm not sure I should change the time settings on my machine. It would be easier for me but I don't know if my sleep study people would like it. I did figure out that my machine is 3 hours ahead of me so that will make reading Sleepyhead easier. Now that I've got this I can figure the times out!!  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
If you set your machine clock back 3 hours before you go to sleep it won't hurt any data. The sleep study people won't care about the clock being set to the right time. They want to see the correct time just like you.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2018, 07:23 PM)JoLyn Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 07:04 PM)KSMatthew Wrote:

I'm not sure I should change the time settings on my machine. It would be easier for me but I don't know if my sleep study people would like it. I did figure out that my machine is 3 hours ahead of me so that will make reading Sleepyhead easier. Now that I've got this I can figure the times out!!  Smile

If you can get to the time setting without going into the "clinician's menu", you can go ahead and change it if you like.  You can also call your sleep study folks and ask, they probably will say it's OK.

It's 3 hrs ahead of you most likely because of the time zone from wherever it was shipped.  It may or may not be in military time, but Sleepyhead might do the conversion and display it that way.  It really is simpler for reporting, because there's no am/pm confusion.  Not sure where Sleepyhead is developed, but many countries use 24 hr time much more frequently than we do in the US.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, I just remembered - isn't there a "time offset" setting inside Sleepyhead? I can't remember for sure, but I thought there was a way to configure Sleepyhead to make up for any time differences between local and CPAP time. If you tell Sleepyhead that your local time is 3 hrs behind the CPAP recorded time, I think it will account for that on the reports.

I'll fire it up in a few minutes and see if I can find it.

edit:

Preferences/CPAP/CPAP clock drift (on the Mac version).

It says it's not for time-zone differences though.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not going to keep doing this forever and ever!! This Sleepyhead is my falling asleep around 2 pm then waking about 3:30. It shows events in the beginning and the end. But the Flow Rate graph shows black lines all through the middle. I'm wondering if I was getting good sleep during that time or what? Also, what is good AHI?

[Image: OR9hS96.png]" />
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2018, 07:47 PM)KSMatthew Wrote: Hey, I just remembered - isn't there a "time offset" setting inside Sleepyhead?  I can't remember for sure, but I thought there was a way to configure Sleepyhead to make up for any time differences between local and CPAP time.  If you tell Sleepyhead that your local time is 3 hrs behind the CPAP recorded time, I think it will account for that on the reports.

I'll fire it up in a few minutes and see if I can find it.

edit:

Preferences/CPAP/CPAP clock drift  (on the Mac version).

It says it's not for time-zone differences though.

I think as time goes on it will be easy for me to account for the differences so I probably will not change any time settings. I can do this!!! Lol
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 537 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 196 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,534 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 239 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 100 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,074 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.