Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feedback on data
Feedback on data
Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing well. I was wondering if those of you who are more versed in reading the sleepyhead data wouldn't mind looking at my data. I was wondering if you had any suggestions or feedback based on what you see as I am not sleeping very well at all. I have posted 3 days worth of data.

Thank you very much in advance.

Respectfully,

Johnathon
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feedback on data
You could bump the minimum up to 15cm if you want to get under 1 on the AHI. That should help cut down on the pressure swings.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Walla Walla.

Do you have any suggestions on Ti Min, Ti max, Cycle and Triggering?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2018, 05:39 PM)johnathonm Wrote: Thanks Walla Walla.

Do you have any suggestions on Ti Min, Ti max, Cycle and Triggering?

I have attached the sleepyhead data for 6/29. I didn't realize it didn't include summary data in the report.
Post Reply Post Reply
I myself leave mine in the default settings. You can download the clinic manual in the private files section. It explains which each setting does. Normally they're adjusted for breathing comfort. It's above my pay scale which is nothing.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2018, 05:46 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I myself leave mine in the default settings. You can download the clinic manual in the private files section. It explains which each setting does. Normally they're adjusted for breathing comfort. It's above my pay scale which is nothing.

Mine too. I left it at T min .3 an T max 2.0 the rest are at Med.

Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2018, 05:47 PM)johnathonm Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 05:46 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I myself leave mine in the default settings. You can download the clinic manual in the private files section. It explains which each setting does. Normally they're adjusted for breathing comfort. It's above my pay scale which is nothing.

Mine too. I left it at T min .3 an T max 2.0 the rest are at Med.

Smile

Hello all,

I was hoping you could take a look at last nights data. I managed to get my AHI under 1 by changing the following on my device:

Ti Max to 1.8
Ti Min 0.03
Trigger High
Cycle High
Heated Tube Temp 81 F
Humidification 6

I came up with the Ti max and Ti min based on the clinical manual recommendation for ~20 BPM. I still feel pretty terrible, which I don't understand, even though my AHI is under 1. 

Any thoughts or feedback on the data would be appreciated. 

Thank you,

Johnathon
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks good. If you could get a solid 8 hours of sleep in, I would call it perfect. I wish I had some clairvoyant abiltity to determine what ails you. Time on the machine with consistent numbers and consistently good sleeping habits will help you of course, but I'm at a loss for recommendations that will make you feel better. You know that so many factors contribute to well being.

I suggest a well written and strategic health analysis that starts with the health aspects that you can readily change and then start working through a plan with goal oriented objectives. The outcomes of each objective should be evaluated and recorded. Hopefully a pattern would emerge to give you a clearer focus of what direction you need to aim your efforts so that you can accomplish the final goal (of feeling great) while acheiving objectives that make the most impact.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2018, 11:13 AM)JesseLee Wrote: That looks good. If you could get a solid 8 hours of sleep in, I would call it perfect. I wish I had some clairvoyant abiltity to determine what ails you. Time on the machine with consistent numbers and consistently good sleeping habits will help you of course, but I'm at a loss for recommendations that will make you feel better. You know that so many factors contribute to well being.

I suggest a well written and strategic health analysis that starts with the health aspects that you can readily change and then start working through a plan with goal oriented objectives. The outcomes of each objective should be  evaluated and recorded. Hopefully a pattern would emerge to give you a clearer focus of what direction you need to aim your efforts so that you can accomplish the final goal (of feeling great) while acheiving objectives that make the most impact.

Hi Jesse,

Yeah, I am suffering badly because I simply either can't fall asleep or have several night time awakenings. It's been going on for months now and has brutalized me. I have done all the normal stuff, sleep hygiene, blue light blocker glasses (do we have an article on sleep hygiene or blue light?), drugs, more drugs, even more drugs and I just am not able to stay asleep most nights. I hate it so much. The doctors have gone through the arterial blood gas draw because they thought hypoxemia, which was incorrect and I am now working with one of the top sleep experts in the country who is saying I have delayed sleep phase syndrome (do we need an article on that?). I am working on sleep restriction (article?) but it doesn't seem to helping me very much. I even asked about the Inspire implant and he is having me meet with a surgeon in the coming weeks to go over if I'd be a candidate for that.

Life is fun Smile

J
Post Reply Post Reply
It's tough man. I have a feeling that there isn't going to be a silver bullet to kill your bad feelings. Using the advice of healthcare professionals is fine but you know yourself better than they do. I'm sure that you've done some critical thinking on your symptoms but have you written up a plan or at least a simple strategy? Try to focus on things that you can do without consultation, because those aspects can be worked simultaneously with your healthcare providers approaches.

Using a categorical approach can be helpful.

Physical fitness/exercise

Dietary/consumption

Habits (good and bad)

Recreation/hobbies

Relationships

Anything you feel you need to work on can be a set of objectives that will contribute to your well being. I understand that you have some physical and biological aspects that shouldn't be denied but stepping away from the stuff that you count on others to handle for you may help you contribute to your own well being. I'm not suggesting that you discontinue your professional visits and ignore them, I'm suggesting that you add on to them with things that are solely in your control and cannot be advised upon by anyone other than yourself.

I can't make a recommendation on drugs man. I can tell you that my opinion is the least the better.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 235 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Leaks/Flow Rate Issues - Feedback Greatly Appreciated CavemanDoctor 1 348 01-22-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 535 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
  Feedback on OSCAR data Jobaaayyy 13 767 11-27-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  New CPAP User - Feedback Request aceventura 8 672 11-22-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.