Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feedback, please
Grin 
Feedback, please
Hello all -

I'm glad I found this community. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2015 and had a "brick" CPAP until May of this year. I went through two sleep doctors before finding my current clinic. They set me up with a Dreamstation APAP and I downloaded Sleepyhead. I'm still learning about Sleepyhead and its wealth of data. I wanted to post some screenshots and get feedback on my therapy so far. I am feeling better than when I started on this new machine and new pressure. I think I hoped that I would see improvement more quickly ... but maybe my sleep debt is larger than I thought.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feedback, please
I should clarify - I thought that I would feel better after using my new machine for a day or two. I think that was naive, but it is what I thought. I am feeling better than I was before I got my new machine, but I am not waking up feeling refreshed and I am still having daytime sleepiness and some irritability.
Post Reply Post Reply
It takes time to recover from sleep apnea. If you post a daily chart it would help to see if any adjusts could be recommended to you.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks - I appreciate your patience.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers for the most part look very good. However you do have a couple of spots where snores were driving up the pressure a little. I'd recommend setting your minimum pressure to 8cm to try and avoid the pressure changes.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! Will give it a shot tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
I kinda wish you had a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset because I think it is so much more flexible when dealing with issues like flow limitation and hypopnea. With your Dreamstation, I suggest raising your minimum pressure to 7.5 and I think you will find your pressure stays much more steady and resolves the minor residual issues. Overall, this looks pretty good. The respiratory rate of 20 is a bit above normal, but if it's normal for you, it's good enough for me.

Higher minimum pressure should help with the flow limits and snores, and a minimum of 7.5 is still below the average of most individuals, and I can see a good argument to suggest 8.0+ as a minimum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am having issues with increased heart rate. The cardiologist is checking that out. I suspect that is where the increased respiratory rate comes from.
Post Reply Post Reply
Give yourself a bit higher minimum pressure as suggested above. This should put less stress on you to breathe. Very few of us can tolerate a pressure of 4.0, and this is still within your median pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you please tell me how a higher pressure makes it less stressful to breathe? Honest question. Looking to learn.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 620 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 305 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 323 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Leaks/Flow Rate Issues - Feedback Greatly Appreciated CavemanDoctor 1 369 01-22-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 552 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
  Feedback on OSCAR data Jobaaayyy 13 816 11-27-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  New CPAP User - Feedback Request aceventura 8 707 11-22-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.