Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feedback request on my sleep data
Feedback request on my sleep data
[attachment=38168][attachment=38168][attachment=38169][attachment=38170]
Hello,

Please find attached screenshots related to my last night sleep.
I am using mouth taping, a Resmed nasal mask and an Airsense 10 Autoset equipment.
There are 3 screenshots attached. Two of them are using Standard chart organization and provide a full view of the left sidebar.
The other one is using the Advanced Chart organization.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Regards,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feedback request on my sleep data
Either you4 maximum pressure is too low or you are tucking your chin and obstructing your airway. When we see clusters of obstructive apnea, that is usually an indication of chin-tucking which we often treat with a soft cervical collar. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar Your maximum pressure is set to 9.6 and you may simply need higher maximum pressure. My suggestion is to set your machine to minimum pressure 7.0, maximum pressure 12.0 and keep your EPR at 3. This will provide a range of 7/4 to 12/9 (inhale/exhale) pressure. If this does not improve the obstructive apnea, then we can try to address any positional issues.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your quick response !
I am going to try your suggestion to raise min pressure to 7 and max to 12.
Regarding positional apneas I am using a CPAP pillow and I have used in the past tennis balls in the back of upper part of pyjama, it worked for some time but after few months i noticed that it was no more preventing me to sleep on my back (supine position) while generatiing some arousals when i needed to change the side i was sleeping on.
10 days ago i have acquired a Soft Cervical Collar but for the time being I have not noticed a significant impact. I am wondrering weither the height of the CPAP pillow can influence Flux limitations.
I will keep you informed of the results of your advices implementation.
Best regards
Post Reply Post Reply
You should probably read our wiki articles linked below. When we talk about positional apnea, we don't find supine sleeping to be as much of a problem as chin-tucking. CPAP and ergonomic pillows tend to be higher and firmer and I say get rid of them and try something thinner and more flexible. I use a down pillow, and the My Pillow fill is also pretty good. Collar effectiveness varies, and most people need a firm contact between the chest and jaw that does not impinge on the throat or soft tissues. The soft cervical collar wiki links to some reviews.

Positional Apnea http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Soft Cervical Collar http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
By the way... Should IAH be AHI? I tried to find with Google search what IAH means. It show AHI descriptions. Is IAH translation error?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tomkk - Therapy Advice Request Tomkk 7 170 04-07-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 6 200 04-06-2024, 11:35 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Help request... zsearcher 26 1,387 03-28-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: zsearcher
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 600 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 180 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 270 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 310 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.