Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feel Like a New Man
Feel Like a New Man
For years my wife has been telling me that I had a problem with my sleep. She would tell me that I would stop breathing for ten to twenty seconds. Often I thought that she was just using this so that she could get away with punching me in the ribs. Several years ago I started having issues with anxiety. Like many of the other users, I started waking in the middle of the night with my heart racing and extremely high blood pressure. I also started to have an irregular heart beat. I went to my primary care doctor and was told that it was most likely anxiety and nothing to worry about. After several years I finally made my doctor to give me a referral for a sleep study. At the sleep study, my ahi was 78 and I never entered rem sleep. Of course, I was prescribed a cpap. I have the Resmed autosence 10 an airfit p10 mask. What a difference. I now sleep through the night and feel so much better. I am no longer having heart palpitations during the day. I am scheduling a follow up visit with my primary doctor to have my anxiety medicine decreased. After years of extreme sleepiness and decreased output, I feel like I am on the road to recovery. I refuse to sleep with out my cpap. I am actually being productive! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feel Like a New Man
Hi schundy38,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that you are having such great results with CPAP.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a great feeling, this feeling of good..

Congrats and welcome to Apneaboard. Stick around and let us get to know you better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats, very similar to my results. My wife didn't give me a shot to the ribs but she did give the pillow a good tug to get my attention Sad Sad

All is well and there are a lot of small things I've noticed as well, small things like nail growth, seems I'm hunting for the clipper a lot more.

Won't be without mine,.. now. Just kick my own a** for not listening to her sooner.Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you're doing so well!! It's amazing how much better you feel with proper sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations I'm so glad to hear your therapy is a success
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2015, 10:18 AM)schundy38 Wrote: After several years I finally made my doctor to give me a referral for a sleep study.

This is the part that baffles me. With all the awareness that sleep apnea has now you would think the doctors would be more proactive. The guy I went to looked in my throat and said you're going for a sleep study. I had no idea what I was suffering from.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome.

We tend to only hear the people with problems, so it's good to hear the success stories. Especially someone who figured it out despite medical advice.

When I read, "Feel Like a New Man," the idea came to my mind that the next sentence might be "I feel so good after starting CPAP that I feel like dumping my husband and found a new boyfriend." Grin
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings schundy38;

SO GLAD you made you Dr follow up on the sleep issue!!! SO often the spouse/bed partner is the one who spots a problem. The trick is to get the Medical staff to Listen!

I discovered my hubby's apnea and he discovered my apnea.

Now, keep an ear open for any problems she may have.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2015, 10:18 AM)schundy38 Wrote: At the sleep study, my ahi was 78 and I never entered rem sleep.

May I ask if you are now dreaming sometimes? I assume so, as you are starting to feel better. [dreaming is usually associated with REM sleep]

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 194 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 90 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 835 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 329 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,018 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 902 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.